xiihustleix

Re-Tinting my car

Alright, so does anyone know of a website that has good quality tint that doesnt fade that you can order from? Preferably one that someone has used before. Thanks guys, I'll post some pics later tonight.

You are bumping a thread after 1/2 hour? :suicide-santa:

I do not mess with installing my own tint but I have heard good things about tintkits.com

You are bumping a thread after 1/2 hour? :suicide-santa:

I do not mess with installing my own tint but I have heard good things about tintkits.com

I'll check them out then...thanks.

And ya i bumped it, got your comment didnt it? This thread is in some topic that doesnt get much attention and I needed an answer before I leave work in an hour...lol.

**Just checked that tintkits.com and it only sells 'kits', i need a site where i can buy a roll of tint?? anyone?

Edited by Jack3d SPL

Really :roflmao: "Do not �TTT� your thread every 20 minutes" 30+ before the bump :drink40:

Edited by Jack3d SPL

No need to bump, simple as that.

As for tint, Google is your friend and I have some 3M tint from 20 years ago that is still like new. Even the cheap tint won't fade, it's just the chemicals from cleaning your windows and the constant heat and cold cycles that are the demise of the tint.

Do you have any experience tinting your own windows? There are places around me that will tint windows for around $100. Personally I think it is not easy to do a good job and would prefer to have a professional do it. I have heard good things about the 3M tint. Used it to tint tail lights and it's nice stuff

Do you have any experience tinting your own windows? There are places around me that will tint windows for around $100. Personally I think it is not easy to do a good job and would prefer to have a professional do it. I have heard good things about the 3M tint. Used it to tint tail lights and it's nice stuff

I mean nt really but you have to start somewhere right? You can never learn if you dont try...and i catch on to a lot of things real quick so i figure its worth a try because all the places around me are a little more expensive, i think it cost me $140 the first time to do 20% on back, two sides and the two small back windows. And i want to re-tint all of it down to 5% so i figured i would try it myself.

But ill check out the 3M tint...thanks guys.

Going to tell you that easiest and cheapest way to remove old tint is with a steamer. doesnt leave any residue

That's an awesome tip. I can't tell you how many cramped nights I've spent with soapy water and some 0000 steel wool clearing the windows of adhesive residue.

That's an awesome tip. I can't tell you how many cramped nights I've spent with soapy water and some 0000 steel wool clearing the windows of adhesive residue.

Bro look on YouTube Really quick.

Tinting your own windows isn't that difficult until you get to the back curved glass.

I tinted mine using the wal mart tint, and it hasn't faded and doesn't look purple, but I won't use it again because it has a tendency to have the microscopic bubbles.