RAM_Designs

Somewhat creative bracing with BTL 18's.

This allowed me to get a little creative with the bracing(ok, maybe I was just getting bored). This is for a pair of Fi Audio BTL 18's in 10.25ft^3 tuned to 35hz with 180in^2 of port. I feel bad for the Explorer it's going in.

Sweet Video, you make sketchup look easy, real easy :P

If you knew how many designs I've done on it you'd understand why. :D

Looking good yet again!!

nice stuff man... bracing looks cool...

Clean work. Ya got some skillz

Mmm btl....

I dig your enclosure vids!

WOW !!! Awesome Work !!!! You make it look easy ...

If you knew how many designs I've done on it you'd understand why. :D

Since you joined here, it looks like your posting quite a few videos every day or so :P

No doubt a talent, thank you for the creativeness and what you do!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw it on Facebook ! Nice video Ryan !

But you never post any finished box, with pictures, carpet,... You only do the designs, not the boxes themselves ?

Since you joined here, it looks like your posting quite a few videos every day or so :P

I only do a vid for maybe every 3-4 boxes...just depends on what it is though. If it's more interesting, or something for a big build, then I'll be more apt to make a little vid.

I saw it on Facebook ! Nice video Ryan !

But you never post any finished box, with pictures, carpet,... You only do the designs, not the boxes themselves ?

As of right now the designing keeps me quite busy. I don't even have time to build if I wanted to.

hey man i was planning on getting a second bl and doing 2 12" bls in my 05 civic and was wondering if you could maybe help me out with what the demensions might be so i know if it would fit in my car. im wanting to do 2 cbft per chamber with a tuning of about 33-34hz. iv got a pretty big trunk but i wouldnt want to get something sketched up unless i know its going to fit. max external height of about 17 inches other then that the depth and width is pretty beasty. maybe get some outer demensions :)

hey man i was planning on getting a second bl and doing 2 12" bls in my 05 civic and was wondering if you could maybe help me out with what the demensions might be so i know if it would fit in my car. im wanting to do 2 cbft per chamber with a tuning of about 33-34hz. iv got a pretty big trunk but i wouldnt want to get something sketched up unless i know its going to fit. max external height of about 17 inches other then that the depth and width is pretty beasty. maybe get some outer demensions :)

Something like 36" wide x 16" tall x 24" deep will give you plenty of room to use a huge.

i would interlock that baffle adds more glue joints and strength. and i wouldnt creat a pressure trap inside the box with that bracing. i would just use thin threaded rods (3/8 or smaller) thru it all. again just me...

even just a single rib down the center inbetween the subwoofers, like a 3.5 x 2 layer thick peice. plety of strength. from my own experience if you remove that brace it will gain on meter. how big is that box? looks kinda small

i would just use thin threaded rods (3/8 or smaller) thru it all. again just me...

Most people don't want threaded rod since it's not visually appealing at all.

how big is that box? looks kinda small

10.25ft^3

Edited by RAM_Designs

looks great man!!!

shrink up that port area and give it more box :) trust me it will be much better :) go to a 4 x 40 or 3.75 by 40. will give a much more flat response :) port area is over rated :P

had a no wall set up and we kept shrinking port and enlarging box and it just kept gaining. i think he was down to 140 sq of port and 13 cubes, oh and 2 saz-4500s at .7 each :) getting about 3000-3500 to each sub. was spectactular. now hes got a wall and the testing seems to be reacting the same. we keep shrinking port area and we keep gaining. keeps a flat response too.