pimpedout97x

for m5...rail buggy

it was like 3 different colors, so i decided today to give it a quick and CHEAP makeover. about $5 worth LOL

didnt tape much of anything off, didnt sand or prep, just painted it flat black. wheels, most of the frame, gas tank. looks 10x better than it did. only can see imperfections up close. obviously not gonna stay this way, just for the summer while its good weather to drive it. when its winter and too cold to drive, its getting parked inside, completely stripped, and powdercoated. im thinking of powdercoating it matte black as well, becuase i really like how it came out. i thought black was the last color i'd want (was thinking about something bright to stand out) but to be honest, i really like it as it sits for the most part. i painted about half of it like a Home Depot gloss orange before the black, didnt look bad, but i just wasn't feelin it.

what you guys think?

plan on lowering it soon too.

the only major things that aren't black yet is the exhaust (wanna get that done professionally when i get the frame PC'd in winter) as well as the fan shroud, tranny, diamond plate flooring, etc. welding a roof on the top too (just in the little open section above the seats)

11111112.jpg

That's bada&&, Lots of summer fun right there!!

hell yea its fun lol. been driving it around every day!! getting sunburnt in this florida sun lmao

What part of Florida??

the loud part. lol jk. Tampa.

P-cola here!! Enjoy that buggy!!! Hope you been wearin' goggles, and keep your mouth closed! :lol2:

Haha nice. Yea I wear sunglasses. I think windshields on most rail buggies look tacky (just my opinion). I may install one just to see how it looks. Dunno.

That has to be fun!

What motor is in it?

Looks sweet & fun!!

That has to be fun!

What motor is in it?

Looks like loads of fun, I like it. I keep talking about building one, can't decide between building my old full body '73 super or using the engine for something like this.

thats awesome man. how much does something like that cost??

i paid 2,250 for it

yea its loads of fun. i need to add some more lights, as its harder for people to see me at night now i suppose. my uncle has a white rail buggy with some green led strips that light up the engine area. he had blue but kept getting pulled over (i really want blue lol) but idk i might do green or maybe purple (not too many where its tacky, but just a few to add some accent lighting)

i think pretty much any color i mentioned (green blue or purple) would look badass with the flat black. ideas??

I think the purple would look bad ass with the flat black paint.:)

thinking about going with purple. i might buy one in blue green and purple, and hook it up temp to see at night, so i can get an idea, and then just return what i dont like.

purple would fit. feg. lolol.

its a sweet buggy though. you ever get a plethora of mids hooked up on it?

$2250, wow. I paid $100 for my last bug. Take bug, remove body, add roll cage. BAM buggy!

I should add mine needed a motor, trans, brakes and some other stuff...but I had that laying around.

pics? they go for around 2k-4k around here, couldnt find anything cheaper.. my old one was 400 bux but it was just a rolling chassis..by the time i put new parts on things that needed it and a motor/tranny i woulda been around that price anyways

IMG_20110525_181235.jpg

hottness!!! :drink40:

hey m5..

my buggy has a bus tranny and reduction boxes on it..which i want to remove.. can i remove the reduction boxes and keep the same tranny, or do i need to look for a tranny out of a bug and just swap it?

my uncles has im sure a similar motor, but he has a bug tranny and no reduction boxes. my top speed is like 55 and he can get to like 75+ with still more to go. i can be in like 3rd gear maxed out and he will still be crusing mid 2nd gear.

mine will climb up a hill or sand way better than his, but we both drive them only on the street so i want to make mine more street friendly.

VJ, I don't think the tranny is different but the boxes need to be replaced with a rear suspension from a bug. Considering you have 5 hole wheels anything 1966 or older should bolt on. Your boxes might be worth more than the parts so potentially you could swap/do this for next to nothing.