mariobjones

Anyone Ever seen this sub??

You guys do realize that these types of subs are nothing more than marketing ploys. They didn't make the sub for SPL comps or to get loud. It's simply to attract attention. As for the Jackhammer, that's a totally different animal. It actually performs okay for what it is. If it was 1/4 of what it costs, you would see them quite often.

Same idea as any extreme concept car that'll never sell. How many Pontiac guys bought Trans-Am's and Firebirds when they saw the Banshee?(If anybody remembers that...I'm a Pontiac-head lol)

MY first glimpse of that car was the Detroit auto show. I was 8 or 9 at the time. Then it was on a NightRider TV movie as a new K.I.T.T. When you look at the thing, a lot of people bought them. IIRC, 75% of the car was part of the 4th gen F-body, including the nose on the 'Birds and the swooping quarters. Of course I don't know how many actually saw the concept car.

good marketing ploy....LMAO

Check out our new sub..... it needs

5 grand worth of amplification and

charging system upgrades to operate

along with a U Haul or Cargo Van to

hold the enclosure......

when all said and done you'll have a whopping 140 Db that sounds like

cardboard boxes being crunched......

That's how we, the enthusiasts think, but we are but 5% of total sales. The rest of their customers will see this huge woofer, and think, "Wow! I wonder what their other products are like?"

Totally agree with Tirefryr.

Marketing is very important when you're on a competitive market.

You need something to make you ...visible. You need people to talk about your brand, your products. A super big woofer can be a good idea, even if you don't sell one !

BTW I have a friend who recently bought the super big Audiobahn sub with a super big (but not so powerful !!!) matching Audiobahn amp !!!

He never installed them yet !!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure he doesn't know how to do it !!!

You guys do realize that these types of subs are nothing more than marketing ploys. They didn't make the sub for SPL comps or to get loud. It's simply to attract attention. As for the Jackhammer, that's a totally different animal. It actually performs okay for what it is. If it was 1/4 of what it costs, you would see them quite often.

Same idea as any extreme concept car that'll never sell. How many Pontiac guys bought Trans-Am's and Firebirds when they saw the Banshee?(If anybody remembers that...I'm a Pontiac-head lol)

MY first glimpse of that car was the Detroit auto show. I was 8 or 9 at the time. Then it was on a NightRider TV movie as a new K.I.T.T. When you look at the thing, a lot of people bought them. IIRC, 75% of the car was part of the 4th gen F-body, including the nose on the 'Birds and the swooping quarters. Of course I don't know how many actually saw the concept car.

Yes sir, the nose, windshield, wing, almost everything. You're very lucky to have seen one in person...it was my favorite Hot Wheels car though!!!

In a world where the biggest wheel seems to always win, regardless of how practical it is, I'm sure this woofer will deliver. Like Tirefryr mentioned, it's all about marketing, and guess what this thread is doing? Yep, marketing that sub. It's being talked about, which means Cadence is being talked about, which means this thread will show up on a search engine somewhere, and the cycle will continue.

So, how is that sub not working? Sure looks like it's delivering to me, lol, albeit in a way most of you aren't used to talking about. Even Clarion had a huge sub at one time, and it was installed on a boat.

Who knows? Maybe some rapper with a 'burban on 30's will want a 32" sub??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

34" but yeah. Go Cadence?

34" but yeah. Go Cadence?

THIS^

As long as we keep it clear that this subwoofer is not designed to break any spl world record and is not as good as it might look, then we are all happy campers.

Agreed. This is going to sound REALLY cheesy, but I named my son after them. Cadence Jace. So sue me... Wait... they might!! But seriously. They make some decent quality stuff. The 34" sub is more like the Marilyn Manson of bass drivers: 'Hey look at me!!'

I got to thinking... This sub would fit in my hatch if the depth were more adequate. My hatch is 38w x 30d x 14h (14 with the hatch cover, give or take an inch or two without). Just FYI... :drink40:

Agreed. This is going to sound REALLY cheesy, but I named my son after them. Cadence Jace. So sue me... Wait... they might!! But seriously. They make some decent quality stuff. The 34" sub is more like the Marilyn Manson of bass drivers: 'Hey look at me!!'

I got to thinking... This sub would fit in my hatch if the depth were more adequate. My hatch is 38w x 30d x 14h (14 with the hatch cover, give or take an inch or two without). Just FYI... :drink40:

If it was designed correctly, it will sound just like any other subwoofer.

I have a model kit of the Banshee from probably 20 years ago....think I still have it, never put it together though.

And the Knight Rider movie was called Knight Rider 2000. I remember watching it on TV when it came out.

Holy shit I feel old now :(

I have a model kit of the Banshee from probably 20 years ago....think I still have it, never put it together though.

And the Knight Rider movie was called Knight Rider 2000. I remember watching it on TV when it came out.

Holy shit I feel old now :(

I believe I have a matchbox car of the banshee somewhere. It could be worse we could be talking about early firebird turbine concepts. :P

That's how they came up with the name Firebird.