ChrisAnglin

(2) Sundown SA-10D4's and Crescendo BC2000D

Okay SSA Forums, I NEED HELP FROM SMART MINDS! I Ordered (2) SA-10's and a Crescendo BC2000D also a Shuriken 1800w Deep Cycle And some Kicker 0 AWG. I have Rockford Gold plated RCA's, Rockford 8G wire for speakers, And I NEED A DESIGN FOR A 1/4 WAVE T-line for an SQ Build. Or a folded horn Design @ 27Hz ,

Im Ordering (8) Selenium 6" Mids, And (8) Selenium Super tweeters, I want to know what's a good 250w Crossover For 150HZ-8,000Hz, And then 3000Hz And up for the tweets, Im also Getting Into the MECA SQ Comps if I can, Ill be switching it up and tuning, and seeing the best of the best I hope, maybe a home made Class D Full range 4 channel amp. I NEED HELP WITH A T-LINE DESIGN FOR two SA-10's

Okay SSA Forums, I NEED HELP FROM SMART MINDS! I Ordered (2) SA-10's and a Crescendo BC2000D also a Shuriken 1800w Deep Cycle And some Kicker 0 AWG. I have Rockford Gold plated RCA's, Rockford 8G wire for speakers, And I NEED A DESIGN FOR A 1/4 WAVE T-line for an SQ Build. Or a folded horn Design @ 27Hz ,

Im Ordering (8) Selenium 6" Mids, And (8) Selenium Super tweeters, I want to know what's a good 250w Crossover For 150HZ-8,000Hz, And then 3000Hz And up for the tweets, Im also Getting Into the MECA SQ Comps if I can, Ill be switching it up and tuning, and seeing the best of the best I hope, maybe a home made Class D Full range 4 channel amp. I NEED HELP WITH A T-LINE DESIGN FOR two SA-10's

Doesn't sound like a sq build to me :ughdunno:

THANKS GUYS! LOL....

2 tweets and 2 midranges should be more than enough. 3 if you wanna look cool and awesome.

Some 8" midbass on the doors and some subs and you are ready to go.

For amps, sundown or ZED.

But seems like you love overkill so i honestly dont know what to tell.

8 super tweeters? Have you researched/picked out your hearing aids yet?

8 super tweeters? Have you researched/picked out your hearing aids yet?

I have researched for like 8 months strait sitting, listening, driving, sampling... Im gonna have a small system guys, (2) 6" Midrange in each door, (2) Selenium $20.00 super tweeters per door, On a Sundown 175.4 at 2 ohms per channel. With a nice EQ, It should be enough for me and my friends witch is what Im going for. I want to be LOUD in the vocals, and SMOOTH AND PRESENTABLE WITH THE BASS OUTPUT. I may add (2) More 10's or maybe switch to 15's AND YES I will Have 8" mid-bass in the doors, maybe 10" AND yes it will sound Clean AND loud. When I say SQ I mean LOUD SQ. VERy NICE SOLID, RE-In-forced sound. What I need help with is the calculation for a dual 10's T-line specific to SA-10's , Over-kill.... I dont think so... There more like not super tweeters, and (1) Mid in each door, even seleniums, Dont get loud enough for me when I'm trying to get in the mood. SUMMER....SPL....SQ...T LINE...SUNDOWN...CRESCENDO... i know 2150w rms is more than enough for a t line design, I know Its louder than some like it, Who cares? lol, Im here with a question about T-lines, not what I LIKE in MY car!!!!

It is pretty straight forward for the enclosure calculations. You are going to have a line between 5 '- 6' long and roughly the same cross-sectional area as the combined Sd of the drivers. You'll have to stuff and measure for smooth impedance.

You will have to calculate the actuall enclosure yourself because you are going to have to figure out how you will fold it up.

BTW, this is a big enclosure, it will be roughly the same amount of volume minus all enclosure material displacment as a 6' long 12" diameter sonotube...

You can try different taper ratios to suite your goals.

I suggest reading Martin King's work before you go any further.

If you haven't tackled something like this before or don't have really good fabrication skills, I would suggest a 4th order vented for your application. It would also be about 1/2 the size...

That sounds like a very good idea... 4th order it is . I was thinking the T line woould be HUGE, but I also want lots of port area. So A sealed chamber at What size would be best for SA-10's... And also How much bracing do I need for 2 SA-10's. I dont want box flex..Or rattle, But ya 4th order does sound awesome.

I can Design One But Dont know Demensions For A specific tuning. I want a very solid, Impressive 10Hz-36Hz Bass output. And not much mid output, Dont like buzzing bass, And my mids will do fine with that spectrum. Amp and subs should be here in 4 days.... Fresh BC2000D Right of the minds at Crescendo. :captain: My new baby should have me smooth sailin.... Until the haters/thirfs see it... I cant wait, I feel like I can smell the subs, and Hear them. I think I want to do 2 Cu ft. Sealed

I just got a BC2000D this week an im impressed on the quality of the amp but sellin it already havent even used it :(

what???

10-35hz?

Have u even heard 10hz, LITERALLY?

The only time i've ever heard that low is in nice headphones.. never on subs even in home theater...

Besides movies, there is no music that low and if u name something, it's either custom made or bass-related...

Anyways.. if u are set for 10-35hz.. u will need an amp no powerful than ~800w TOTAL for both subs...

The enclosure will need to be HUMUNGOUS to effectively get down that low and the lower power output is required because the subs will want to move very very easily.

HEHE I gotta work On my Frequency Lingo... I meant More like I click to track Called "25HZ" And then turn the gain up, and My whole car should be exploding with sound, SPL, and air flow. I should be able to Feel( Not hear) this 25Hz... LOL thanks for that though you are right.

So I found a 4th order band-pass Calculator that got me a nice cut sheet that I can for almost sure work with.

15TALL x 33WIDE x 20 DEEP If im using the http://dbdynamixaudio.com/4th-order-bandpass-enclosure-calculator/

calculator Does the spec given HAVE TO BE EXACT, or can I go bigger so i have more port area, and box area, SO its as LOUD as it can be.

I want to build a box that will go against the back seat of a 03 Dodge Intrepid. In the trunk with the trunk sealed with the back seats in the car...Maybe taken out ...Maybe a wall trunk design 4th order that will fire the port ino the car from the trunk area, but sealed off completely so there's a MDF wall with a port facing in.

Ohh a mini trunk wall. Is this a good plan?

It sounds like you were thinking of a bandpass. I was refering to a 4th order vented, not a bandpass. I would not do a bandpass with those drivers for your application. The Vas on those drivers is way too small to build a bandpass with adequate vent area...

It sounds like you were thinking of a bandpass. I was refering to a 4th order vented, not a bandpass. I would not do a bandpass with those drivers for your application. The Vas on those drivers is way too small to build a bandpass with adequate vent area...

a 4th order vented is not a bandpass? Thats news to me thanks. Well I can do A 4th order vented with this and the port turns out to be really big, just how I like it.

This can be put in a alternative spot so that the box sits right behind the back seat area, Subs hidden, Slot port firing into cabin...

A 4th order bandpass is a bandpass.

A 4th order vented is a "normal" ported enclosure.

The "order" only refers to the roll-off in db/octave.

You can have 4th or 6th order vented or bandpass. There are all types of alignments. 4th order vented refers to a standard, non-assisted, vented enclosure. The enclosure normally rolls off at 24db/octave (4th order) below F3. Once you add a SSF or other EQ, it isn't 4th order anymore... It could be 5th, 6th, etc.... Not sure if this makes sense to you, but you need to undwerstand the terminology in order to receive assistance....

The big port comment was meant for the bandpass, not the standard vented. In a bandpass, all output is through the port and it needs to be large enough to not introduce to much compression. The only way to accurately determain minimum vent area is to model and look at vent velocity. Someone on here may have the time to do it for you. Or download some freeware and model yourself.

Thank you very much sir! I am thinking of sealing my trunk entirely so that no pressure can escape through. I need to get pics up here before people think I'm lying! I can Take SOME PICS , it'l be teasers but its something.

MY GRS 5-pf 5.25's from Partsexpress.com LOVE EM!!!! lol :woot:

7.5/5 stars for like 5.00 a piece

175007_157052564349074_100001329943666_297827_8291638_o.jpg

172428_157052584349072_100001329943666_297828_2960439_o.jpg

172040_157052607682403_100001329943666_297830_6691398_o.jpg

172897_157052517682412_100001329943666_297825_2786469_o.jpg

172603_157052591015738_100001329943666_297829_3045207_o.jpg

4thorder.png

WHAT DO YOU YALL THINK? YALL BUILD SHIT! :drink40:

that in a Breef Estimate will look something like this.... 4thorder1.png

IMG0004.jpg

and the shuriken bt-80, got some 8awg running my head unit... sounds great! On 1 mid 1 tweeter no x-over, and 1 12" Soundstream Rubicon making lots of bass, in 6th order makeshift wall in my closet.lol, hits nice in my room, right at my headboard is the loudest point on the room... cant wait to throw a sundown sa-8 in there...

Also im slowing this song now with wavepad editor...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gyLR4NfMiI&NR=1&feature=fvwp

and wow 56 milluion views, i mean i like the song alot too, but wow that's a lots a cash headin towards breezy, he better buy some Sundown amps and subs, and get 4 runs of 0 and and all Kicker 0G unless theres better like Cadence 0G, or Knuconcepts, or etc. Im not personally familiar with all brands.

ALSO ANYONE KNOW HOW TO BASS BOOST A SONG ...Software..? Like decafs.. And also how can make my intro Start fast then switch to slowed with a rapid "swonk" and then its just slowed like bone thugs CnS album greatest hits by DJ Michael watts ....

Actually RAM D I'd you to build me a box design for SUPER LOW end, and plenty of port area, I like alot of port area. And bracing. FOr 2 SA-10's

I want a 4th order Tuned to about 42 Hz, assuming this would still smash on the low notes, the LOWWW notes. I have my subs here in front of me breaking in sorta, they will need lots of time for that i guess. NO SCUFFS OR ANYTHING..... WOW guys thanks a billion....!!!!

And whats up with photo bucket It wont let me do anything I got PICS!

You won't get a ton of bottom octave extension tuned that high....

For what most car audio people consider "low" tune at 30Hz or a tad lower. Please be sure and run a SSF if you have any decent amount of power....

Don't get so hung up on port area. They are a set of 10's with a decent, but not a ton, of displacement. You won't need a port you can fit your head in to keep compression from being an issue....

Perhaps you should do a little reading/research. I would suggest buying the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook by Vance Dickason. Read the first 4 chapters.

I got RAM-Design To make my Box Design 4TH Order Bandpass, AND ITS SICK NESS! tuned TO 49 Hz. It should give me a very good low extension. I realize 10's can only do so much, But thats what I'm going for! I'll buy another battery here in a few weeks.

I NEED A 4 channel amp that will push (6) Midrange 5.25's, (2) Mid-bass 5.25's and (2) Tweeters. Also Do you think it will be much cleaner with 2 Amps on mids highs.

No offense, but it sounds like it will be kind of a hot mess. Most boxes I have seen tuned that high are done so for competitions and are one note wonders. Maybe yours will be different, IDK. I think Sundown recommends 26-34 hz as the tuning frequency. Anything below your tuning frequency is going to roll off pretty steeply and be inaudible, but can still damage your speakers and distort badly. If you are tuned to 49 hz, unless you have a subsonic filter cutting everything off at 45 hz or so, you will distort the hell out of those subs. And if you do that, you are losing out on a large chunk of the band of frequencies that your subs will actually play. If I am off base here with my limited knowledge of enclosure tuning, someone please correct me.

He is having a 4th order bandpass built. Nothing you ^^ are talking about has anything to do with that type of alignment, especially the SSF and tuning....