whatnow275

Kicker CVX Help

I currently have 2 kicker cvx 12" subs in a crappy prefab box and I'm looking to get louder and lower (move a lot more air). I cannot decide between getting a custom box for my subs tuned to the low 30s, or getting 2 type r 15's, or one nightshade 15. which would give me the best results? the type r subs would have to be in a prefab box

why prefab box? how much power do u have? what vehicle? alt? wiring? battery(S)? havent heard a cvx in awhile, but from my experience type r sounds better, will take more abuse *IF YOU'RE SOMEWHAT INTELLIGENT* than any kicker product short of the solo x. if you've got the room, the power, and everything else to back it up, nightshade 15 no doubt. but if not, lets here some details and go from there. the box right now is definitely your biggest issue. will be with any sub.

why prefab box? how much power do u have? what vehicle? alt? wiring? battery(S)? havent heard a cvx in awhile, but from my experience type r sounds better, will take more abuse *IF YOU'RE SOMEWHAT INTELLIGENT* than any kicker product short of the solo x. if you've got the room, the power, and everything else to back it up, nightshade 15 no doubt. but if not, lets here some details and go from there. the box right now is definitely your biggest issue. will be with any sub.

I would use a prefab with they type r's due to budget reasons. It's in a 4th gen ford taurus, I have a 250amp H/O alternator w/ the big three done and 4 guage to the back (will upgrade to 1/0). I have an optima redtop up front and a shuriken bt-35 in the back. I'm using a powerbass asa 1500.1Dx at .5 ohms. I want to be significantly louder than I am right now, but also get that deep bass that makes it hard to breathe

Get the Nightshade in a nice custom box, you will love it.

Get the Nightshade in a nice custom box, you will love it.

How big of a difference would a custom box do for my subs? right now i have a prefab with two separate chambers that are about a cubic foot each. To get the nightshade I would need to sell my kickers

A custom box about 4-4.5 cubes net tuned close to 35hz will make those kickers sound so much better and you'll gain a bunch of output. You don't have enough airspace right now and I bet the tuning is way too high. The single Nightshade 15 will require less airspace and will play loud as shit and low. On about 1500 rms or so you probably wouldn't notice much difference in output if the CVXs were in a proper enclosure though.

you will need a custom box built to specs for these subs bro. In a decent size box, the cvx will get louder than these all if their in a crappy box. Its all about design of box, and what your looking for out of the set-up. But I think everyone here would agree that one Sundown Nightshade can get louder than the two other drivers you listed. Just remember, this is a hobby, and their no reason to rush if your funds aren't good right now (personal experience).

Thanks for all of the input guys. I will probably get a custom box made for the cvx's and run with that. Oh and another thing...are subs suppossed to be significantly louder when it is warm out? or does that mean the suspension in mine still needs to loosen up