Sign in to follow this  
Zackdp

15" BL Project.

Whats up guys this is my first post on this forum. I recently ordered a 15" BL D2 with the hypercool option. My goal with this woofer is to get it to sound as good and as low as it possibly can. I have always been a SQ low end monster guy so this is the first woofer ive bought that was more geared to SPL. although through research its musicality has been well noted as well as its ability to drop low in the proper enclosure. Previous woofers ive owned tested and run into the ground;

13.5 W7 sealed/ported on a old school Zapco Studio 500 (1000rms @ 4ohms - 0.07 distortion). woofer was wired @ 3ohms... AWESOME WOOFER.

2005 15" RE XXX (xbl^2) sealed/ported on both Hifonics Brutus b2200d and Zapco Studio 500. AWESOME WOOFER. before RE sold its soul.

(2) 15" ED OV's i think they were IDK they didnt last long on the brutus. both sealed.

(2) 15" Rl-P's ported on (2) Zapco Studio 500's. IMO one of the most WELL ROUNDED subs you can buy. AWESOME WOOFER. also ran one ported on an old school arc audio 1500dr.

The amp i will be using on this woofer will be my robert zeff designed arc audio 1500dr. its an early 2000 model that is EXTREMELY underrated - 1000@4ohm/0.008 THD. 1000@2ohm/0.07THD. I will wire down to 4ohms.

the first enclosure will be 4cf @ 28hz. i am using flared tube ports so i will be able to cutdown and fine tune. i wanted to start low and work my way up to see how low these things go. i may or may not build another enclosure with a higher volume depending on how well it likes 4 cubes. this is the first FI product i will have owned and am very excited to break it in when it arrives. i will keep this updated with pics as the arrive. thanks guys!

box looks hott.. what's it tuned to?

box looks hott.. what's it tuned to?

I think he said 28hz

28hz effective. low for the BL but we'll see how she likes it.. im aiming for as flat as i can get her as low as she will go while keeping output as high as i can. like dancing on a f*cking tight rope but ill hit her sweet spot lol

nice... I wasn't sure if that was the box you were talking about.... looks sick though

thanks bro. it came out nice the bow tie was a nice touch.. ill post more pics of the build.

Box looks really good. How did you get the chevy logo relief on there

thanks man. i went to a fabric store and bought a 1" foam cussion sheet. really soft material, the kind you press and your impression stays for a sec.. traced and cutout a chevy bowtie glued it on and wrapped the leather over it. im all wired up and ready for this woofer cant wait... ive read some things about a shortage in steel and possible extended wait hopefully this is not the case. anyone heard any updates with this?

Buddy of mine had a 15 BL in 4cuft tuned to 30hz, and peaked at 29hz. It was a LOW END MONSTER, yet still attained the upper end punchiness.

I personally loved the way it sounded, it had good SQ for a groundpounder basshead setup.

Sign in to follow this