ive read people saying to use the fuse rating to get a idea of how much rms power a amp will give you, can someone explain this to me? is there a formula to multiply or something to get an idea of this?

multiply the fuse rating by 12v to get a very general idea of possible output for amplifiers... Not the best method but can give you an idea..

multiply the fuse rating by 12v to get a very general idea of possible output for amplifiers... Not the best method but can give you an idea..

thank you

so, when i multiply by 12v.. i still have this "v" variable.

How do i solve for V?

lol, just messin with ya.

jackass... lol

I do (fuse rating) x (14.4 volts) x (efficiency)

you could do that as well... :fing34:

It would come out a little higher...

how does this pertain to my situation then, my amp is rated at 2400 watts at 1 ohm which is also CEA-2006 Compliant, not sure if that matters, the fuse rating is 250A x 1, so how does this come into play here? can i say i will only get 2400 watts at 1 ohm provided i have the electrical system to power it which i do, a 300amp high output alt and a kinetik hc3800, or can i expect to get more then 2400 watts out of this amp which happens to be the new line of hifonics brutus amps Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1D

read the question wrong. edit.

Edited by 95Honda

i'd be more inclined just as a reference to do fuse rating by 12.8v by efficiency, as no system is going to give you 14.4. as far as power goes, you should be very close to your rated power, either little lower, or little higher.....so much more comes into play as far as what power your subs are seeing anyway. biggest thing, right electrical to keep the amp supplied with juice.