Shogen

Which Gym??

Any experiences with:

Retro FItness

Bally's

WOW

NYSC

I'm looking into a gym membership since I would like to be able to expand my exercise habits..

Plus or minus of any of those gyms... Let me know guys... I don't wanna be chubby...lol

Don't do ballys its a loan to join that place I used to colect debt and there were ungodly amounts of ballys accounts when you sign up your actually signing for a loan

No YMCA?

J

i goto la fitness, plenty of clubs added in

plus u can goto any la fitness in the US minus hawaii or some state

yea... I'm still undecided on this... got a bowflex recently for DIRT cheap... It's an extreme from like 3yrs ago...

Some one is going to be looking like chuck noris lol

NYSC is a nice gym . Never been but heard good reviews . But you pay for what you get . A $10 gym is a $10gym and might get crowded . I go to an mediocre to upscale gyms for better equipment and facility . The bathrooms at planet fitness = :ehh: so grimey ! I like cleaner facility's and cleaner people :lol2: there are some stinky and dirt people all around $10 gyms but if you dont mind that price is like a micky D's drive thru . Cant beat it lol

I also hate when people are just hanging around to socialize and taking forever to finish their sets . I like to go in and go out . Handle my business straight hardcore balls to walls 1 hour session then go home and do whatever . If I want to socialize I'll go to a bar or club .

^Bally's was alright at first but didnt like the setup and got too crowded where I live . It really depends where your located . There is a nice Bally's a little further down where I live that has pool and all .

To really save money, use your floor lol.

ended up signing with LA Fit with my friend since he needs to lose madd weight.... pool is schweet!!! :dancing:

isn't planet fitness the gym with the "lunk alarm" that doesn't allow you to grunt? seems like a pretty pussy gym to me. Some say the best gym's you can go go to look like crackhouses with weights in them (a lot of huge/strong bodybuilders/powerlifters started out in gyms like this) all you really need is one with squat racks, glute ham raise bench (wish mine has one of these)free weights, basic cable. you really don't need a fancy one with a bazillion elipticals, treadmills , chrome plated everything ect. and you're going to pay more for these frills as far as stinky people go that depends is it the haven't had a shower in weeks, hobo smell or the sweaty funk? if you smell clean as a daisy after a training session you werent working hard enough

I did Bally's for a few years, but have recently gone back to Golds. Golds is much more serious of a gym and it is not packed with a bunch of social hour people.

LA has been great... Stays extremely clean at all times... some creepers that attend this gym and lots of social groups fcking hoarding machines and shit... but its great.. My friend stopped going and is now just paying to stay fat... I've gotten a good workout and spent lots of time here already..

Always wanted to go to Golds since I was a kid in the Bronx, always saw hott buff chicks leaving that place... But the closest one to me is not close enough... :ughdunno:

I also hate when people are just hanging around to socialize and taking forever to finish their sets . I like to go in and go out . Handle my business straight hardcore balls to walls 1 hour session then go home and do whatever . If I want to socialize I'll go to a bar or club .

I hear ya,that get's me almost as mad as when people stand right behind me when i'm checking out in the grocery store.

Anytime fitness FTW!

isn't planet fitness the gym with the "lunk alarm" that doesn't allow you to grunt? seems like a pretty pussy gym to me. Some say the best gym's you can go go to look like crackhouses with weights in them (a lot of huge/strong bodybuilders/powerlifters started out in gyms like this) all you really need is one with squat racks, glute ham raise bench (wish mine has one of these)free weights, basic cable. you really don't need a fancy one with a bazillion elipticals, treadmills , chrome plated everything ect. and you're going to pay more for these frills as far as stinky people go that depends is it the haven't had a shower in weeks, hobo smell or the sweaty funk? if you smell clean as a daisy after a training session you werent working hard enough

planet fitness is a little silly with the "lunk alarm", but it is ridiculously cheap. I have seen people lifting and making a little noise without setting it off.