bymyself11

I need an amp!

Ive spent a lot of time looking for an amp for the FI BL 15 that's on its way to my house. I don't want to spend much over $300 for an amp so do you guys know any good amps for about $300 or less? I was kinda looking at the Power Acoustik BAMF5500/1D but i really dont know how good of an amp it is.

Ive spent a lot of time looking for an amp for the FI BL 15 that's on its way to my house. I don't want to spend much over $300 for an amp so do you guys know any good amps for about $300 or less? I was kinda looking at the Power Acoustik BAMF5500/1D but i really dont know how good of an amp it is.

Well...Power Acoustik as a whole is not the best brand. If you're strapped for cash check out Audiopipe. Their 1000 watt amp can be had for under 140 and the 1500 for under 160. Good solid budget amps.

Have you ever heard of planet audio? Because they have a 5000w amp thats pretty reasonable but i don't know if its any good.

Have you ever heard of planet audio? Because they have a 5000w amp thats pretty reasonable but i don't know if its any good.

Planet Audio is in the same boat as Power Acoustik unfortunately. Both companies terribly overrate their amps. I'd rather go for a Hifonics or Audiopipe or MB Quart or even a Soundstream before those two.

For clarification!!! Power A and Planet A amps don't put out the power they say they do. Power A amps are also known to not last long. Don't know about Planet A. Planet A suffers from super line confusion. What I mean by that is some lines are absolute crap while some are diamonds in the rough. I wouldn't want to take the risk though.

Edited by An-i-no

Ok Thanks! u sound like you really know what you're talking about! So if you don't mind me asking, what do u think about lanzar amps. I was looking at the Lanzar OPTI2000D and it appears to be a solid amp but agiain, i don't know anything about the brand.

lanzar is pretty good... they are almost a crap shoot from what you see online... but some people have amazing success with them...

Ok Thanks! u sound like you really know what you're talking about! So if you don't mind me asking, what do u think about lanzar amps. I was looking at the Lanzar OPTI2000D and it appears to be a solid amp but agiain, i don't know anything about the brand.

Opti series is quality stuff. Go to Vminnovations and check out more of the Opti series. The component sets sound pretty decent and I think an all Opti setup would be dope.

The Opti series from Lanzar seems to be decent budget stuff, I would recommend a refurbed Sundown or a new Audioque 1200 though if you wanna spend around 250 and get a good quality amplifier.

it all depends on what ohm your subwoofer is. if you got a dual 2 ohm sub then yes deffinatly go for the audioque 1200d it will be your best bet and wire it down to 1ohm. if you got a dual 1 ohm then id suggest getting something that does around 1000-1400 watts rms at 2 ohms which will be a little bit more tricky on your budget. you have an amazing subwoofer so why power it with something crappy? Goodluck to you sir.

Thanks guys, My 15 is a dual 2 cuz i figured it seems harder to find stuff thats half ohm stable. But the amp i ended up getting is the MA Audio 401SX. Its supposed to do about 1800 watts rms at 1 ohm, which is what i will be running. Any thoughts on that amp?

Never have used an MA Audio amp, I did read something about them being .5 ohm stable though. Let us know how you like it.

I will. I have a lot of work to do before i get my system going and i don't even have my sub yet. It's been over a month since i ordered it :(

Bought a Fi but wanting to cheap out on the amp?

My opinion: save a little more and up the amp budget and look at Mmats. Put a high quality (like the sub) Made in the USA (also like the sub) amp on that thing! Mmats makes ALL of their amps in FL, USA. Plus, they are very underrated. My 3000.1D put out over 80 volts at minimum gain... that's well over TWICE it's rated power!

Gain position means nothing if an amp can put out max power or not. It can put full power on the minimum gain or the max, just depends on the input voltage from the RCA.

The voltage the amp is putting out doesn't mean anything either unless you measured current as well. Then you'd have a ballpark measurement.

Edited by beandip

Gain position means nothing on if an amp can put out max power or not. It can put full power on the minimum gain or the max, just depends on the input voltage from the RCA.

The voltage the amp is putting out doesn't mean anything either unless you measured current as well. Then you'd have a ballpark measurement.

Just like Current*Voltage=power, Voltage^2 = power.

Ohm's law is very slippery.

Gain position means nothing on if an amp can put out max power or not. It can put full power on the minimum gain or the max, just depends on the input voltage from the RCA.

Just like Current*Voltage=power, Voltage^2 = power.

Ohm's law is very slippery.

I=V/R

I=80/1

I=80

P=I*R

P=80*80

P=1600

And the "ear dyno":

Previous amp: USA 1000x @ 2 Ohm stereo = metered at 1300 WRMS

Current amp: Mmats 3000.1 @ 4 Ohms = "rated" at 3000 WRMS @ 1 Ohm

Current setup, at rated power, should not be exceeding 750 WRMS. However, it is MUCH louder than the 1000+ WRMS it had before.

Current amp measured at ~81-82v at MINIMUM gain (on a HU that only puts out about 2v, and is far from "linear" at that, set to "28" - approx 3/4-4/5 max vol)

Coincidence or severely underrated? I'm thinking the latter.

pa bamf sucks. hate mine