Sign in to follow this  
lildragon45

JL Audio J2 500.1 to run single Skar sub? Enough power?

I am asking this for a co worker of mine wanting to get a single 12 Skar Audio VVW12. It is rated at 600RMS and I know it can take more power easily. Now my question is that he has a all JL setup and has 2 12 W0's in a JL ported box. That box is huge and doesn't sound to good to me. I would like to replace it with a single Skar and run it off his JL J2 500.1 amp. It is rated at 500RMS @2ohms. Will this be enough power to use with the Skar? He is doing this because in his 2006 4DR Civic the other box is taking up all his space, I am thinking being custom built box the single sub will be less space and sound alot better.

I am running a single Skar off 800-900rms and is more louder than what he needs.

Vvx* not vvw

But yes. It will be fine. U can order a sigle vvx12 with a box built to your needed specs for $169 shipped. Contact kevin.

You can never really under power like always stated around here... I've still only got a 500 watt JL Audio slash series and it made some waves and people giggle.... But that was a ported 12" Icon... Going sealed on the new XCON with the same power... We'll have to see if I need :morepower1:

Vvx* not vvw

But yes. It will be fine. U can order a sigle vvx12 with a box built to your needed specs for $169 shipped. Contact kevin.

Wow for $169 shipped i'll get another one for myself too... Sorry I couldn't remember when i was typing it VVX12... lol...

What the best way to contact Kevin, I think i sent some PM's here with no response yet?

Thanks for all the input so far from everyone...

I.believe email is the best way to contact him. Idk what it is tho. Its in his signature...so just find a post by him and look for his email address. :fing34:

Email - kevin@skaraudio.com

It should sound great on 500, for awhile, my brother ran his on about 200-250 each and they sounded pretty good and supplied a decent amount of output for 400-500 rms to the pair. I think your friend will be pleased with that setup as long as he's not expecting too much.