Sign in to follow this  
Shogen

Oh knoes!! It's making noise...

thanks for the ideas... I'm gonna try the "ipod test" and see what happens when an input is applied besides the HU ....

I had a pioneer before, and it did the exact same thing. All you have to do is ground like shown above, but i did though, was also, ground that bolt in between the RCA's, to something, a good ground. It must have its own ground, don't borrow something else. Also, maybe a good thing to ground the chassis of the HU as well. But be careful, I wouldn't do this while the car is on. Disconnect your Battery before trying new grounds as a safety precaution. My ground became loose a few times while driving and bumpin, of course, I would just pull the HU out, and do some wiggleing, and would get away with it. But the last time it happen, I blew my Amplifier because something touched something that wasn't suppose to, and it actually cause my amp to catch on fire, you could see a flame whe you looked into the ground and power supply from the outside, very bad. Hope this helps. I also tried that noise reducer, tried the one a Radio Shack and at Walmart, the one at Walmart (Scoche) worked the best.

I haven't had a chance to try anything else.... I will after work today.... Just need to get home to do so...

Did the iPod test. It was the head unit... did as lance suggest and whamo!!! Its back to normal.

Did the iPod test. It was the head unit... did as lance suggest and whamo!!! Its back to normal.

:fing34:

just to make sure... before disconnecting any power/ground wires, I should disconnect the RCAs first.... ??? :suicide-santa:

just to make sure... before disconnecting any power/ground wires, I should disconnect the RCAs first.... ??? :suicide-santa:

Yes. I always unplug them and tape the ends so there is no chance of screwing it up again.

okay... good to know...

Grounding the rca's is a temporary fix, because you may still haVe some noise left.

It happened to me and I found someone at an electronic shop who soldered some wire over the pico fuse. He did not have the fuse in stock to replace it but he knew the problem very well. About $25 and a few hours.

Very very common on the Pioneer h u.