Angelboy863

Skar Audio VVX-12?

So I'm just crusin' through youtube and decided to look at some Skar Audio.

Sounds pretty good but I want to hear from people with experience. How's the sub? Hit hard? quality or power? both?

And whats the true RMS rating for that mofo. i see videos that push more then the manufacturer 600 watts.

I'm interested because this subwoofer is pretty cheap, but seems to be pretty good. I might buy four if i get the reviews i want to hear.

thanks! :rofl2:

So I'm just crusin' through youtube and decided to look at some Skar Audio.

Sounds pretty good but I want to hear from people with experience. How's the sub? Hit hard? quality or power? both?

And whats the true RMS rating for that mofo. i see videos that push more then the manufacturer 600 watts.

I'm interested because this subwoofer is pretty cheap, but seems to be pretty good. I might buy four if i get the reviews i want to hear.

thanks! :rofl2:

there are customer reviews at the bottom of this page :)

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/SKAR-Audio-VVX%252d12%22-Sub-Woofer.html

Awesome bang-for-the-buck. Digs DEEEP!!!

Posted by Spanyerd on 11th Apr 2011

All the features, without the high price. Triple-stacked and vented motor, tall surround for more cone area and big xmax, integrated leads, big spider, vented former, etc.

They're accurate and musical. I consider it a high-SQ sub that can SLAM the db's.

Put them in 2 cubes each ported low (26-28hz). They're not the most efficient drivers, so you'll want to overpower them and gain-down.

Epic Sub

Posted by MaliBOOM on 30th Mar 2011

I have 8 in a 4th order and I can't sit in it for more than 2 minutes at a time :)

Amazing subwoofer!

Posted by Joe on 29th Jan 2011

I bought this woofer (dual 4ohm) about a week ago and it's broken in already, only takes about 5-8 hours to break this monster in.

I was very impressed with the quality of the subwoofer when I first pulled it out of the box, although I was slightly dissapointed that it came with no owner's manuel or recipt or even any screws..

I spend 12+ hours building a box that's 2.25cubes @ 30hz for the speaker, and I can say that I am very impressed with the subwoofer's performance and it's ability to hold its form and not distort at high volumes. I have it being pushed by a 900w amp and it handles the power soooo much better than my two 400w subs did. When I pop the trunk the bass sounds so clean and pure, there is virtually no distortion even when being played over the 600w power rating.

All my friend's are love how well it played the lows, It rumbles the whole car and the bass just feel so heavy, it's great! Everyone agrees that it blows my old pair of Kenwood's out of the water. I cant empisize how clean the bass is and how heavy it feels! If I have my doors open and I play my music it will sometimes pull the doors closed! I don't know how, but it does!

I am an extremly satisfied customer and I would reccomnd the Skar WX-12 to ANYONE who is looking for heavy, hard, LOW bass. Just make sure you have it in the proper enclosure. Like my friend said, a powerful engine (subwoofer) is nothing without a good transmission (enclosure).

Here is a video of my subwoofer playing if anyone wants to take a look :)

Thanks Mark lol. Appreciate it.

My brother runs a pair in 3cubes tuned to 35hz and it sounds good on all types of music so far. Pretty good amount of output for the price too.

You think its worth it to buy 4 of them? or am i gonna get what i paid for? im expecting to do hair tricks

I do think they are well worth the asking price. Noone can really say for sure if they will move enough air to do decent hairtricks. How much power do you plan on running?

probably 2500 watts rms. i think that would be enough, with the right enclosure and spot in the car, i think its possible. now that i think about it i probably wouldnt buy 4 but instead 2.

Buy an SSA woofer instead

this all would be in a 2003 Acura RSX

Buy an SSA woofer instead

X2 and if you've went from 4 subs to 2 subs that quickly I would seriously take a step back and make some more solid plans