Sign in to follow this  
Shopvac

recommended wire position?

Hey guys I would be wiring up my 4 channel amp, and have a few questions.

(1) I have read that the power wire should go one side of the car and speaker wire (rca) should go on the other side. Should the remote wire go on the side of the power wire or on the side with the speaker wire?

(2) I am using 2 ch bridged for my sub, and the other 2 ch ( built in crossover on amp), for a pair of mids and tweeter. what frequency should I set it to?

(3) The HU has 3 pairs of 4 volt rca pre output, should I use these or the the wires from the hu haness to feed the amp or a combination of both? , I have rear speakers which can also be included, what would be the best setup?

Thanks.

Hey guys I would be wiring up my 4 channel amp, and have a few questions.

(1) I have read that the power wire should go one side of the car and speaker wire (rca) should go on the other side. Should the remote wire go on the side of the power wire or on the side with the speaker wire?

(2) I am using 2 ch bridged for my sub, and the other 2 ch ( built in crossover on amp), for a pair of mids and tweeter. what frequency should I set it to?

(3) The HU has 3 pairs of 4 volt rca pre output, should I use these or the the wires from the hu haness to feed the amp or a combination of both? , I have rear speakers which can also be included, what would be the best setup?

Thanks.

1: I still like separating the power and speaker/RCAs. I would run the remote with the power wire.

2: I would suggest starting out around 80Hz, but every install is different.

3: Not a fan of using headunit to power speakers. I would use the RCAs (front output for mids/highs and sub out for the channels powering the subs). Add the rears later if you feel it's needed.

(1) I have read that the power wire should go one side of the car and speaker wire (rca) should go on the other side.

Old wives tale. The only important thing is to keep RCAs away from noisy areas in the car. But having the power & RCA wires run next to each other doesn't matter.

Should the remote wire go on the side of the power wire or on the side with the speaker wire?

Run it where ever you want.