streetbeater07

saz 3000d power supply questions

Hello guys, i have a question about properly powering my saz 3000d. Right now i am running 3 group 34/78 yellowtops. One of them has a dead cell so i am going to remove all of them and redo my battery bank. Under hood battery is a redtop group 34. My total rms wattage is around 3600 watts including my mid amp. I've been searching google all morning looking for a straight-forward answer to this question. I havent found any real answers just mostly suggestions. this is a daily setup so reserve capacity is the key here. I have been looking at the xs power d3100 but i dont know if 1 will be enough or do i need 2? Also, i have a 270a mechman alt, all big three upgrades and dual runs of 1/0. Can someone please help me figure this out so i can get back to ground pounding! thanx.

Hello guys, i have a question about properly powering my saz 3000d. Right now i am running 3 group 34/78 yellowtops. One of them has a dead cell so i am going to remove all of them and redo my battery bank. Under hood battery is a redtop group 34. My total rms wattage is around 3600 watts including my mid amp. I've been searching google all morning looking for a straight-forward answer to this question. I havent found any real answers just mostly suggestions. this is a daily setup so reserve capacity is the key here. I have been looking at the xs power d3100 but i dont know if 1 will be enough or do i need 2? Also, i have a 270a mechman alt, all big three upgrades and dual runs of 1/0. Can someone please help me figure this out so i can get back to ground pounding! thanx.

The D3100 is supposed to be able to support 4000 watts as an extra batt. If you want to throw in some overkill get 2. Everything else sounds good with your electrical.

Seems good, even overkill with all that !!!

But wait for some experts to help you though !!!

ok, thanks! what about 1 d3100 & 1 smaller xs battery like a d1200? would that work or does it need to be the same size? I feel like 1 would do the trick as a secondary battery just not 100% sure. I know some of you guys have been in this same dilemma. I play my music a lot sitting still for demos. 3 AA Havoc 12's 6 cubes ported to 34 hz.

With 3.6K on a 270 amp alt and 1 D3100 you should be just fine. I don't see you having any issues. As far as mis matching batts it has been said that they will push and pull on each other and drain themselves. I have seen people who have gotten away with it but I have never tried it myself so I won't comment. Again though you should be fine with one D3100 and if you really want to play it safe then scoop up 2 of them. I always add overkill to my setups.

Edited by Tremonic

I would recommend 1-XS 3100 for the rear and upgrade your starting battery to an XS battery as well. Should be enough for your application, then if you feel you need more go for another XS3100.

ok. I got you. Well, let me ask this question, since overkill is always good couldnt i just run 2 of the smaller series like 2 2400's or 2 2700's and still have room to play? i like the idea of overkill too but two d3100's would be overkill on my pocket!! lol

I would recommend 1-XS 3100 for the rear and upgrade your starting battery to an XS battery as well. Should be enough for your application, then if you feel you need more go for another XS3100.

so i need to upgrade the redtop under the hood as well?

Actually I would get a volt meter and monitor your voltage drop with what you have currently. Take out the bad battery and go from there.

Yes. The xs will eat that redtop up. Ger the biggest xs that will fit for under the hood

oh ok. so the largest xs that will fit under the hood and 1 d3100? does that sound about right? and that should solve my problem?

Actually I would get a volt meter and monitor your voltage drop with what you have currently. Take out the bad battery and go from there.

Yes... this first.

kool. yea, i have a voltmeter now. thats how i knew i had a problem. voltage was dropping more than normal under a load. It was fine before the battery went bad. Maybe i could just buy another yellowtop and replace it? I just figured that i needed better batteries. But if the yellowtops are good quality, then i'd just stick with them it would be a lot cheaper.

Honestly yellow tops are ok but not that great and they're actually not made for audio. It voids the warranty if you hook them up in an audio application(which a lot of people don't know). A decent sized XS batt under the hood and 1 D3100 should do you fine.

Yes. The xs will eat that redtop up. Ger the biggest xs that will fit for under the hood

oh ok. so the largest xs that will fit under the hood and 1 d3100? does that sound about right? and that should solve my problem?

The D3100 will not fit in most oem locations. What type of vehichle do you have?

The D3100 will not fit in most oem locations. What type of vehichle do you have?

He's going to use the D3100 as his extra. Not under the hood.

I would try to simply replace your current yellow top, and see where your voltage sits. It would be the easiest and cheapest route. Also, how are you wiring your batteries? That also has a big impact.

I would try to simply replace your current yellow top, and see where your voltage sits. It would be the easiest and cheapest route. Also, how are you wiring your batteries? That also has a big impact.

yea that would be the most sensible thing to do. I have dual runs of 1/0 positive ran to the trunk. from there, i run both runs of positive to the 1st battery. Also have two runs of 1/0 negative ran to the 1st battery from the side wall in the trunk using (2) dual ground foots. from the first battery, parallel + and - to the second battery, and paralell + and - to the third battery. All battery wiring done with 1/0. Wiring in between batteries is less than a foot each.

So these batts are grounded to the wall of the trunk? If so then that's an issue. They need to be at least frame grounded. If you want even better current flow make a run up to the block also.

With 3.6K on a 270 amp alt and 1 D3100 you should be just fine. I don't see you having any issues. As far as mis matching batts it has been said that they will push and pull on each other and drain themselves. I have seen people who have gotten away with it but I have never tried it myself so I won't comment. Again though you should be fine with one D3100 and if you really want to play it safe then scoop up 2 of them. I always add overkill to my setups.

Yeah that can happen if your car is left to set for awhile but shouldn't be a worry if it's a daily driver, you could also throw on a large relay to prevent draining such as that.

yes they are grounded to the inside of the trunk on the side by the wheel well. I thought the body was all tied together and the current transferred through the body..

Frame = best ground

Thank yall for the info! I have a SAZ3500D and was wondering the same thing.

Smart way to go about doing this is buy one battery at a time and see if you need more.

I have (4) D3100, (1) D3400, and (1) DC 320amp with (2) SAZ-3500s.

On full tilt i'm 13.5+