Whats up everyone, alright so i came across this voltage meter on amazon today and was wondering what you guys think of it. Its a ciggarette lighter voltage gauge. Do you think it would be accurate? If not how off do you think it is and why? i know the cig lighter is hooked straight up to the battery and its a 12v lighter but will this volt meter be accurate at all? here it is

http://www.amazon.com/Equus-3721-Battery-Charging-Monitor/dp/B000EVWDU0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1307664465&sr=8-3

They sell these at WallyWorld man. I believe for cheaper also. As long as it's tapping into the power source, I would think it's giving an accurate feed.

keeping in mine that in a parallel setup (positive to positive and negative to negative) the voltage at any place in the brand will always be constant!

I can't comment on that particular one you speak of, but I know if you buy one of those stinger ones off of ebay and put it on the input terminals of the amp then you will know for sure the voltage that is getting to your amp. (after you calibrate the stinger meter)

OR alternatively you could buy a volt meter from Shizzzon (a member on this forum) and the ones he sells have a auto dimmer and you never have to calibrate the voltage meter!!

for a smaller setup(as in no rear batteries needed) that one you posted should be alright. but I must ask what does your system have? how much power are you using? what kind a electrical background do you have? and if you are going over the 15000rms mark? are you using an extra battery?

one more thing that ciggarette lighter volt meter is looking at the front battery and if you have a battery in the back the amp will be drawing from that battery more so then the front battery.

keeping in mine that in a parallel setup (positive to positive and negative to negative) the voltage at any place in the brand will always be constant!

I can't comment on that particular one you speak of, but I know if you buy one of those stinger ones off of ebay and put it on the input terminals of the amp then you will know for sure the voltage that is getting to your amp. (after you calibrate the stinger meter)

OR alternatively you could buy a volt meter from Shizzzon (a member on this forum) and the ones he sells have a auto dimmer and you never have to calibrate the voltage meter!!

for a smaller setup(as in no rear batteries needed) that one you posted should be alright. but I must ask what does your system have? how much power are you using? what kind a electrical background do you have? and if you are going over the 15000rms mark? are you using an extra battery?

one more thing that ciggarette lighter volt meter is looking at the front battery and if you have a battery in the back the amp will be drawing from that battery more so then the front battery.

mind linking me to the volt meter that doesnt need to calibrate? sorry to thread jack,

just darvex sent me 5 STINGER VOLTMETERS! since they ant working for me and im sick of payin shipping on every single dam one

recycle time.. or would it be cycle time, either way that is why i prefer a stinger, the kind you are asking about lag, and is not precise,

Just get a stinger volt meter or one similar, it takes less than 10 seconds to calibrate... CrazyKenKid gots you on the right track.

recycle time.. or would it be cycle time, either way that is why i prefer a stinger, the kind you are asking about lag, and is not precise,

Just get a stinger volt meter or one similar, it takes less than 10 seconds to calibrate... CrazyKenKid gots you on the right track.

5 STINGER VOLTMETERS! since they ant working for me and im sick of payin shipping on every single dam one

so other then the meter from stinger they dont compare????

im in really need of a voltmeter any other product out there

You could just use a DMM. Nothing wrong with a stinger meter, but personally I would rather not be in a situation where I need to constantly monitor my voltage

5??? and they are not working???? WHY??? i think it may not be the meter.... it maybe the installer....

i have never had a problem with one.. and i have used them for years on all my installs.

If big three is done right and you check it with a dmm whats the question :eek5wavey:

the big 3 alone won't give you perfect voltage in the back.

Grounding the alternator to the front and rear will.

But do not use this method as a primary ground, only secondary.

Chassis ground "works", but wired ground added will make it perfect.

5??? and they are not working???? WHY??? i think it may not be the meter.... it maybe the installer....

i have never had a problem with one.. and i have used them for years on all my installs.

X2

You do know on the Stinger meters the front screen comes off and there is a knob that you turn to dial in your voltage right?

I would rather not be in a situation where I need to constantly monitor my voltage

You NEVER should be.

*as always competitions aside