Second Skin Rep Jon

50% off Speaker Tweaker Kits!

To celebrate all Dad's out there, we're offering 50% off our Speaker Tweaker Kits!

These pads are the easiest and fastest way to clean up the mid range and mid bass from door speakers or kick pods!

Use coupon code: speak50

Good now thru 6/19/11

Get yours today!

SecondSkinAudio.com

And on Facebook!

These pads are the easiest and fastest way to clean up the mid range and mid bass from door speakers or kick pods!

What do you mean by clean up and how do they do it?

The rear projected sound waves can cause distortion or even acoustical cancellation, thus killing your SQ and overall sound.

These pads are designed to absorb and reflect these rear projected sound waves, thus eliminating this issue.

People have also used these in sub enclosures, though I'm not entirely sure how useful they are in that sort of install.

I couldn't see the need for it inside of a subwoofer enclosure but I guess if you generically apply the principle it seems like it could have a positive affect on it although I wouldn't try this myself..

Thank you for the explanation Jon...

The rear projected sound waves can cause distortion or even acoustical cancellation, thus killing your SQ and overall sound.

These pads are designed to absorb and reflect these rear projected sound waves, thus eliminating this issue.

People have also used these in sub enclosures, though I'm not entirely sure how useful they are in that sort of install.

Jon,

What would be the difference between putting Damplifier Pro on the door compared to this speaker kit?

Would any other products you have to offer help at all with distortion or even acoustical cancellation besides this speaker kit? If so why/how

I couldn't see the need for it inside of a subwoofer enclosure but I guess if you generically apply the principle it seems like it could have a positive affect on it although I wouldn't try this myself..

Thank you for the explanation Jon...

No problem. Like I said I've seen people install deflex pads in sub enclosures, but have never personally heard a system with a pad installed in the enclosure.

Jon,

What would be the difference between putting Damplifier Pro on the door compared to this speaker kit?

Would any other products you have to offer help at all with distortion or even acoustical cancellation besides this speaker kit? If so why/how

Damplifier Pro (or really any CLD product) controls panel vibrations/resonance. Whereas this product is intended to redirect the rear projected sound waves.

Obviously it's best if you use both a CLD and this product in conjunction.

CCF has been used as a sound absorber, but in all honesty I can't tell a difference between a panel that has been treated with CCF behind the speaker and one that has not.

I wanted to get a set for a friend to try. I tried the promo code at the store and it told me I didn't have the correct item in the cart for that code. :ughdunno:

Has there been definitive testing performed that compared the difference of an enclosure with this product and one without? If so will you post a link or graph? Thanks!

I planned on using accoustical foam but this maybe another option.

I wanted to get a set for a friend to try. I tried the promo code at the store and it told me I didn't have the correct item in the cart for that code. :ughdunno:

I've notified the people who do the web stuff that there has been some issues with the code not working. I'll update the thread as soon as I know more or what the issue is.

Has there been definitive testing performed that compared the difference of an enclosure with this product and one without? If so will you post a link or graph? Thanks!

I planned on using accoustical foam but this maybe another option.

I don't have any graphs but the deflex pads work on the similar principle acoustical foam. The peaks & valleys redirect sound waves and since the deflex pads are made of thick rubber, some of those waves are absorbed.

One time bump.

These make a great gift for the hard to shop for and the ones who have everything! ;)