I was re wiring some amps back up in my jeep today and everything was working fine, including the headunit. I took it out to change the remote wire and put it back in, only to find out it won't turn on at all, completely blank display.

I have a Pioneer DEH-1200mp, relatively new. No blown fuses, not under the dash, not on the back of the headunit, nor under the hood. I didn't smell any burnt smell from the headunit.... I really don't see how it could have fried either.

Strangely enough, if the remote wire is connected, both of my amps power on without the ignition turning on. so I have to keep it disconnected otherwise the battery will drain. I tried connecting the ignition wire to the yellow 12v, but the headunit still won't turn on. I'm at a complete loss as to why. I know the power wire is working, otherwise the remote wire wouldn't turn on the amps. I don't understand why its sending a signal on contact though ? Shouldn't be doing that unless the ignition is on....

Edited by hatrix

I was re wiring some amps back up in my jeep today and everything was working fine, including the headunit. I took it out to change the remote wire and put it back in, only to find out it won't turn on at all, completely blank display.

I have a Pioneer DEH-1200mp, relatively new. No blown fuses, not under the dash, not on the back of the headunit, nor under the hood. I didn't smell any burnt smell from the headunit.... I really don't see how it could have fried either.

Strangely enough, if the remote wire is connected, both of my amps power on without the ignition turning on. so I have to keep it disconnected otherwise the battery will drain. I tried connecting the ignition wire to the yellow 12v, but the headunit still won't turn on. I'm at a complete loss as to why. I know the power wire is working, otherwise the remote wire wouldn't turn on the amps. I don't understand why its sending a signal on contact though ? Shouldn't be doing that unless the ignition is on....

I'm sure it could be a number of things, did you disconnect the battery while messing with it?

I'm sure it could be a number of things, did you disconnect the battery while messing with it?

Nope, didn't even bother since i was just changing the remote wire.

Nope, didn't even bother since i was just changing the remote wire.

Damn I hope you didn't fry it. Even doing something as simple as switching the remote wire you should disconnect the negative from the battery.

Damn I hope you didn't fry it. Even doing something as simple as switching the remote wire you should disconnect the negative from the battery.

Well, I might have. Would explain why the damn thing won't turn on. Anyone way to tell if its fried by looking inside?

u got a bench tester?

if not, u should be able to buy one from radio shack for around $50 or less locally.

All u need is something small.. 5A supply would probably be as small as i'd go for 12v.

Hook headunit up to that and see if it works on there.

If u need help on hooking headunit up to power supply, let me know, it's real easy.

I checked the fuse for the radio and it was good. It would help if i had a power supply..

Hpld the source button down. Maybe that will work. Make sure you have your antenna plugged up. Mine wont turn on without it. Let us know when you figure it out.

Hpld the source button down. Maybe that will work. Make sure you have your antenna plugged up. Mine wont turn on without it. Let us know when you figure it out.

I had it working without the antenna plugged in before, but I'll try it with it.