Just wondering where I should connect my stinger voltmeter.. I read some how-tos on it and it seems pretty simple but I haven't really seen a defined place to attach it to. Should I toss it on the front battery (under the hood) or in the trunk with the bat back there and wire it to the drivers seat?

Just wondering where I should connect my stinger voltmeter.. I read some how-tos on it and it seems pretty simple but I haven't really seen a defined place to attach it to. Should I toss it on the front battery (under the hood) or in the trunk with the bat back there and wire it to the drivers seat?

i have mine on my amp the red to postive black on negative and the blue on remote turn on, so i know what kind of voltage my amp is getting, so i dont blow it

there is no correct place to mount it. It's a person preference. I have mine mounted in my center console, hooked up to one of my amps.

what?

okay so lets start over!

lets say you have 2 batteries, one in the back and one in the front. these batteries will be hooked up in parallel so the voltage, in theory, will be the same at any point in your setup. but we know that if you have your amp hooked up to the rear battery it will draw more from the rear then from the front battery, so with this being said it will be safer to hook up the stinger voltage meter to the rear battery rather then the front battery that way you will get a more accurate, and a better idea of what your actual voltage is that your amp is seeing. and this will be the best way for you to monitor your voltage getting to your amp!

and like the last guy said you could also hook the voltage meter up to your amp and go from there.

also be warned you will have to calibrate your stinger meter with a DMM (digital multi-meter)! this is simily done by first hooking up and setting up your stinger meter 100% then hooking a DMM up to your battery(batteries) and getting a voltage reading and comparing it to the reading on your stinger meter. if it is high you will have to adjust the Philips screw driver pod which is yellow and is located under the screen cover.

you will do this calibration test first with the car on, and then again with off, then again on! make sense? I hope this helps! if not ask! and if it still doesn't ask again! lol

indeed, i have a 10 gauge power wire ran to my battery bank in the rear, voltage will change from the front to the back of the car..

what?

okay so lets start over!

lets say you have 2 batteries, one in the back and one in the front. these batteries will be hooked up in parallel so the voltage, in theory, will be the same at any point in your setup. but we know that if you have your amp hooked up to the rear battery it will draw more from the rear then from the front battery, so with this being said it will be safer to hook up the stinger voltage meter to the rear battery rather then the front battery that way you will get a more accurate, and a better idea of what your actual voltage is that your amp is seeing. and this will be the best way for you to monitor your voltage getting to your amp!

and like the last guy said you could also hook the voltage meter up to your amp and go from there.

also be warned you will have to calibrate your stinger meter with a DMM (digital multi-meter)! this is simily done by first hooking up and setting up your stinger meter 100% then hooking a DMM up to your battery(batteries) and getting a voltage reading and comparing it to the reading on your stinger meter. if it is high you will have to adjust the Philips screw driver pod which is yellow and is located under the screen cover.

you will do this calibration test first with the car on, and then again with off, then again on! make sense? I hope this helps! if not ask! and if it still doesn't ask again! lol

Makes sense. I kind of figured that but what you said before is they should be (or almost) the same. Do you know if I can extend the wiring on the voltmeter by just soldering some more of the same gauge onto it so I can watch it from the drivers seat?

I connected mine to my sub amp, because that's what i wanted to know the voltage at.