CrazyKenKid

Wire Comparisons

Excellent review!!!! Thank you!!!

one thing i'd like to add-

Even though i think the monster cable wire is stupid for it's price...

There should be power testing rather than just tech details listed only...

It's like comparing box designs in winisd only and saying yep.. this design will definitely be the loudest, regardless of what happens.

One thing about real world power tests is Monster claims that magnetic rod in the center of the wire supposedly helps current flow.

You wouldn't know that without comparing all wire in a real world test.

one thing i'd like to add-

Even though i think the monster cable wire is stupid for it's price...

There should be power testing rather than just tech details listed only...

It's like comparing box designs in winisd only and saying yep.. this design will definitely be the loudest, regardless of what happens.

One thing about real world power tests is Monster claims that magnetic rod in the center of the wire supposedly helps current flow.

You wouldn't know that without comparing all wire in a real world test.

very good point! and yes I did consider this but with my current setup I don't think I would be able to pull off 14 accurate tests with my setup, but if you would like or anyone else would like to do a real world test just pass me your shipping address via a p/m and I would love to see a real world fallow up to this review.

thanks! keep an eye out for my next comparison test! The next one will be using sound deadeners, say about 3-5different brands, and 22 gauge steel lol! (this one might not work out but keep an eye out)

i honestly do not know how to properly(consistently) compare 14 SEPERATE times current flow, voltage drop, etc per wire....

Battery capacity plays too much of a variable for such test...

If one could get access to an infinite power source or completely stable output..

Actually.. i do know one thing that outputs consistent power... but it isn't cheap.

Harrison Flux Cap.

If you know anybody that has some because one isn't enough.. then you could try that.

Battery voltage doesn't effect output capability of a Fluxcap.

It would be stupid to buy a couple though for this test as they are around $300 or more depending on where you buy them per cap.

Excellent read! Thumbs up for the info I am about to buy 50 ft of wire this is just what I needed

too bad u didnt have Kicker wire in there..

Kicker is very identical to Knu Kolossus cable!

Also.. i've always wished someone would test that retarded ass priced IXOS power wire off ebay.

Wire is $10 per foot.. it better be like 1/0 wire, 7/0 performance, lol.

Excellent read! Thumbs up for the info I am about to buy 50 ft of wire this is just what I needed

glad I could help! feel free to pass this info onto your buddies! and most of that wire was purchased off of ebay so buy more then 3ft at once and you will get a much better deal then I did lol!

thanks! keep an eye out for my next comparison test! The next one will be using sound deadeners, say about 3-5different brands, and 22 gauge steel lol! (this one might not work out but keep an eye out)

Excellent.

I have a sample of DC Power 1/0 on its way to my house. Do you want me to send you a piece?

i honestly do not know how to properly(consistently) compare 14 SEPERATE times current flow, voltage drop, etc per wire....

Battery capacity plays too much of a variable for such test...

If one could get access to an infinite power source or completely stable output..

Actually.. i do know one thing that outputs consistent power... but it isn't cheap.

Harrison Flux Cap.

If you know anybody that has some because one isn't enough.. then you could try that.

Battery voltage doesn't effect output capability of a Fluxcap.

It would be stupid to buy a couple though for this test as they are around $300 or more depending on where you buy them per cap.

you know I was looking for something like that!

http://store.hlabs.com/pk4/store.pl?view_product=38

although the price is a bit high for me lol! so does anyone owe one or rather 4 of those that they would like to do use 14 times lol!

too bad u didnt have Kicker wire in there..

Kicker is very identical to Knu Kolossus cable!

Also.. i've always wished someone would test that retarded ass priced IXOS power wire off ebay.

Wire is $10 per foot.. it better be like 1/0 wire, 7/0 performance, lol.

ya I tried Kicker but they wouldn't sell me just 3ft, I think the best he would sell me was like 20$ and the price he told me I was like screw that lol!

as for that IXOS stuff why didn't you tell me about it in my other thread lol!

http://cgi.ebay.com/IXOS-Power-Cable-50ft-1-0AWG-Metallic-Pearl-Blue-/300561219082?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fad83e0a#ht_604wt_791

I just dropped an e-mail to this guy to see if he will sell me 3ft! lol! I hope he does!

Excellent.

I have a sample of DC Power 1/0 on its way to my house. Do you want me to send you a piece?

Hey man I would love a piece! check your p/m's

i would never suggest using those fluxcaps as an upconverter from 14 to 18v ever for increased power output....

Here is why-

I've talked to them before and they only work well if u have a 12v electrical system with 16v batts in the car...

U can use the flux caps to keep the 16v batts charged but never think for a sec running fluxcaps to get higher voltage to your amp is a gain in output power, effectively..

Here is why-

Lets say running ur 12v amp requires 500A of output to get to 5000w @10v (unrealistic numbers)

Well.. at 18v and 500A of output, it does 9000w.

Well.. lets say you already got the battery bank to sustain 500A of output @10v(that should be easy, lol)

You now install the 18v fluxcaps..

What they do not tell u on the website is increasing voltage to the caps DECREASES current output.

They are limited to 1,470w sustained output without tripping.

So at 17.9v, max current out is- 82.12A

Now.. to sustain 500A load, you would need SIX, not five now, but SIX fluxcaps = 493A so close enough.

So, six fluxcaps = 17.9v x 493A = 8820W compared to 5000w @10v...

But look at the cost! 6 fluxcaps? That's around $2,000 for less then double the power.

So, do NOT ever use these for that purpose.

Excellent.

It's on!

Remember it is DC Power Inc. wire not XS Power :)

i would never suggest using those fluxcaps as an upconverter from 14 to 18v ever for increased power output....

Here is why-

I've talked to them before and they only work well if u have a 12v electrical system with 16v batts in the car...

U can use the flux caps to keep the 16v batts charged but never think for a sec running fluxcaps to get higher voltage to your amp is a gain in output power..

Here is why-

Lets say running ur 12v amp requires 500A of output to get to 5000w @10v (unrealistic numbers)

Well.. lets say you already got the battery bank to sustain 500A of output @10v(that should be easy, lol)

What they do not tell u on the website is increasing voltage to the caps DECREASES current output.

Now.. to sustain 500A load, you would need SIX, not five now, but SIX fluxcaps = 493A so close enough.

But look at the cost! 6 fluxcaps? That's around $2,000 for less then double the power.

well that doesn't make any sense how did Dr. Emmett Brown (from the back to the future series) only use 1 flux and still travel back and forth in time... it must have been the plutonium! and even his flux made like 1.2 gigawatts of power! (rms lol)

Excellent.

It's on!

Remember it is DC Power Inc. wire not XS Power :)

good call! time to edit lol!

Great read! So the #1 wire was which? I might have missed that part.

which picture are you referring to?

or did you mean over all. well on the subjective review I liked the Cadence wire, and if you want CCA go with the KNU KCA wiring!

Here is why-

U can use the flux caps to keep the 16v batts charged but never think for a sec running fluxcaps to get higher voltage to your amp is a gain in output power..

Here is why-

well that doesn't make any sense how did Dr. Emmett Brown (from the back to the future series) only use 1 flux and still travel back and forth in time... it must have been the plutonium! and even his flux made like 1.2 gigawatts of power! (rms lol)

lol.. yea 2 questions about that...

What size wire was he using in his car? 5000/0 wire?

Or did it step up the voltage to 1,000,000V?

Hmm... wonder what kind of protection that wire had?

The write up turned out really good. Should be a nice addition to SSA :fing34:

Here is why-

Here is why-

lol.. yea 2 questions about that...

What size wire was he using in his car? 5000/0 wire?

Or did it step up the voltage to 1,000,000V?

Hmm... wonder what kind of protection that wire had?

ya i don't know maybe 4/0 bigger! nice 0:35seconds into this clip the wire he is holding onto lol!

then near the end when the car runs into the wire!

The write up turned out really good. Should be a nice addition to SSA :fing34:

thanks man!

oh i know what it is..

He didn't calculate his impedance curve.. it was crazy high so he could use smaller wire.

oh i know what it is..

He didn't calculate his impedance curve.. it was crazy high so he could use smaller wire.

to funny! lol!

:roflmao:

I do enjoy a good laugh every now and then and you never stop putting them up lol! and I wonder what kind a sub stage that flux in his car could power! lol! :peepwall:

(lol the first part of the movie with the kid in the garage with the guitar lol)