CrazyKenKid

Wire Comparisons

yea, u know audiobahn copied that sub design from the ground up.. seriously..

Built it lookin ugly.. and can only handle power for a couple seconds when given it's rated power before u literally to get blowed off your feet.

But not from a high pressure reading.. from using college ruled paper cone...

sad sad sad..

My paper shredder is louder than that and it's powerless.

This should be pinned.

Nice write up!

There should be power testing rather than just tech details listed only...

We discussed that, but it isn't possible to do without some very expensive equipment. And realistically if the copper content is high, the diameter is right, and it is flexible the power testing isn't what I'd use to make my decision anyways.

one thing i'd like to add-One thing about real world power tests is Monster claims that magnetic rod in the center of the wire supposedly helps current flow.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it a plastic rod in the center? And since this is DC, there obviously doesn't need to be a test to show marketing BS here...

Great write up, appreciate the time you spent doing it, and the donations of wire others sent you :fing34:

From your findings, it seems that KNU Kolossus has the most copper in it, which would mean its the better one standing? IMHO, flexability isn't that much of a big deal, I'd rather have more current flow, and I guess, it seems 3.75/foot is about avg for this kind of quality.

one thing i'd like to add-One thing about real world power tests is Monster claims that magnetic rod in the center of the wire supposedly helps current flow.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it a plastic rod in the center? And since this is DC, there obviously doesn't need to be a test to show marketing BS here...

you know it felt like plastic to me but I didn't look into it to much.

too bad u didnt have Kicker wire in there..

Kicker is very identical to Knu Kolossus cable!

Also.. i've always wished someone would test that retarded ass priced IXOS power wire off ebay.

Wire is $10 per foot.. it better be like 1/0 wire, 7/0 performance, lol.

GOOD news the IXOS company is sending me 3ft for free to test!

plus I am getting the DC power wire to test from a member, and some bullz audio wire also! I will post names once I get them! also I have welding supplies I will be adding sooner then later! so just to recap:

IXOS

DC Power

Welding supplies

Bullz

I call Bullz!

Sweetness! Thanks for taking the time and effort to put this all together! This should be pinned! I saved the thread in my favorites for future reference.

Nice job, great to see you go into great depth.

I can tell you from first hand experience that Bullz Audio is undersized CCA.

Great job though, keep up the great work.

Nice review. Great info. I am curious to see your review on the welding wire. That is what I have and I think it's great but I want to see how it stacks up against these other brands.

I'll definitely be watching. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

It may be.. But I've been using it for a year now and I honestly love it.

For less than $1 a foot I can live with it being "undersized" just as much as many other cheaper wires are.

Hey I have some shok ofc left over from my build that I would gladly send you to use in your next review. Pm your shipping address and I will ship 3' out to you asap.

That Bullz Audio ought to be fine in a lower powered setup. It should hold ~200amps

It may be.. But I've been using it for a year now and I honestly love it.

For less than $1 a foot I can live with it being "undersized" just as much as many other cheaper wires are.

I bought mine like 3 years ago or so. It might be a lot better now.

amazing Ken... you're def taking alot of time doing this and it is much appreciated... Need some more "bendable" wiring as my Welding Wire 1/0 isn't making it easy to move things around...

amazing Ken... you're def taking alot of time doing this and it is much appreciated... Need some more "bendable" wiring as my Welding Wire 1/0 isn't making it easy to move things around...

ya bend-able does help out a lot! I am glad you liked the write up, be sure to spread the word!

Very nice topic. 5 *s for you! Oh, and a beer too- :drink40:

I think we should get a group buy on KNU... Shok looks nice but holy camel nuts the prices on SSA are insanity and it's CCA!!! :suicide-santa:

one slight correction on my part!

the diameters listed on the cart are for solid wire standards. Stranded wire must be larger diameter to compensate for the air gaps between each strand. Stranded wire 0 gauge according to AWG should be 9.53mm (or .375") in diameter.

this link: http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

so with that I would like to restate my last paragraph.

the following brands do not meet the standard:

sound quest

Q-Power

Raptor

so lets try to avoid those brands!

Great review sir! Definitely makes me happy I spent the money on my KNU Kolossus. Usually do tons of research before spending a ton of money on anything, can't believe I missed this. Very good write up though, very detailed.