CrazyKenKid

Wire Comparisons

Please test the power wire from Powerwerx.com, I'm using that in my install and it's outstanding wire, pure copper and very flexible, yet only $2.50 per foot.

Please test the power wire from Powerwerx.com, I'm using that in my install and it's outstanding wire, pure copper and very flexible, yet only $2.50 per foot.

Send him some leftover :drink40:

if you send me some left overs I would love to compare it to the others and give you my opinion on it! you can send me a p/m here or e-mail at kpalesh@hotmail.com and we can work something out!

Its about time Ken. hahhahah nah just messing with you. Great review though. So did I read this right there will be a third part to this review?

ya I don't know about part 3 any more, the dude I was talking to seems to have fallen off the face of the earth lol!

unless you have a load tester? lol

Awesome job with this! Knu has always been my choice in my builds aswell, I love it!

Amazing info!!!!!

one thing i wanted to point out cadence is marketed as ofc but is actually cca. might be worth noting in the original post.

DC Power crap never made it into the test because they never sent me the sample wire. Another reason why I stick my middle finger high in the air at DC Power.

Did you ever get to test the welding supply 1/0?

Edited by edouble101

I had contacted DC for some wiring and I even offered to pay full price for it but they never got back to me. Then I looked a month ago on SSA store site and noticed it was for sale by the foot. but I don't think I will add just one brand.

in regards to welding supply wiring I didn't check there specific brand but I checked a similar one. I expect they are the same as the one I checked was very different from the other brands I checked.

The one I checked used like 20awg strands, while most other brands used 36awg wire, also the strands weren't in bundles and they were straight runs if that make sense.

please note in this picture how it looks as this is the welding wire i checked. Notice how the strands are quite thick and not really in bundles (groups)

PreneGuts.jpg

and note in this picture this is how most of the other wires I checked looked! notice the bundles and the small strands that make up each bundle.

IMG_1822.jpg