jonbearsmt

sundown lincoln

I want think dually !!!!

I think after a week or so the smell goes away. All my FI subs have been that way.

i went to meet orlando and oscar to show them the subs, well it was cold as tits so we hurried i played all the way home,and when i pulled up at home i popped my trunk to check the subs for heat,

and

20121228_200700.jpg

orlando was telling me his Icon was always stinky but never let go.. and steves were always stinky.

i have noticed the Zcons peak higher.... great for most people but im tuned at 29 hrtz :

im still breaking them in, i planed to meter saturday but now i have to glue the cap on and try for sunday.

Do you know what glue he used?

I ot to hear the Zcons last night. Nightshades were louder to me, smoother transition between frequencies and never smelled when i got a demo. Zcons seemed to have a punchier transition. Kind of like when i switched from Xsv2's to Btl's.

Do you know what glue he used?

loc tite 2 part epoxy i gmazing gooped it and sanded the edges Edited by bigjon

I ot to hear the Zcons last night. Nightshades were louder to me, smoother transition between frequencies and never smelled when i got a demo. Zcons seemed to have a punchier transition. Kind of like when i switched from Xsv2's to Btl's.

thanks for your imput, somtimes it helps to hear others thoughts.

im hearing from others that the Zcons like bigger boxs, and mine is pretty small. also that they are indeed peaky around 40 hrtz from a few people. .. im far from 40 .

im going to play around some more.

did some testing today.... i think my box is too small.. im around 6 cubes before port for the pair of 15's,

they all so raised my peak from 33 to 42 hrtz , thus removing me from my vehical resnonce sweet spot, ...

20121229_134319.jpg

street beat scores were a mess....

but with songs in the 40's area they do very well.. im just in a cross roads on what to do .

Seems to me given your box size limitations the Nighshades have the ZCON beat. I had my single ZCON 15 in 5 net, although I didn't have nearly as much power as you do.

Daing thats a big diference! Im sure after they loosen up you will gain a bit though

im thinking my box is a huge issue, the Zcons are nice, dont get me wrong, but in my install it seems the box is giving me shit!

im going to glue the other cap back on and play for a while see if i can get them to losen up and see how they do then :D

let them breathe if you can get any more room for a bigger box, or just keep the shades in there with no worries

Z-cons VIDEOS

Edited by bigjon

fixed one... and boom

20121230_143212.jpg

then

the one i gooped back on the first day did this

20121230_143216.jpg

just not my week

Wow im guessing whoever reconed them sucks at doing it haha :P

Which goop did you use blue or purple tube? I had the same thing happen when I used the purple tube, so I switched to the marine goop.

Edited by nem

i used the red, automotive goop

Wow im guessing whoever reconed them sucks at doing it haha tongue.png

nic watts, i donno he didnt sand the cap first. so maybe thats why.. but after i gooped the one the cone tore... im starting to think maybe im driving them too hard but.. shit.. im running an NS-1 steve clamped 4700 watts to each of his if i recall correctly .... unless my small box is causing too much pressure

double lovin

Edited by bigjon

unless my small box is causing too much pressure

I was thinking this. It is pretty small, and looks like it doesn't have much port area. (not bashing you, because it obviously works for the Sundowns.)

Pressure would only matter if it were a vented pole. Then you would need to drill a tiny hole in the dustcap.

Solid pole like the zcon wouldn't matter.

Pressure would only matter if it were a vented pole. Then you would need to drill a tiny hole in the dustcap.

Solid pole like the zcon wouldn't matter.

great point,

im going to keep playing with it and see if i can find a solution im going to try dialing back the power a touch

I know what subs love small boxes ;)

You are being brutal on those zcons. When I had mine I had them in 4cf each. Like everyone else I think they are just getting choked

i dont have CA glue.