jonbearsmt

sundown lincoln

:) :)

thanks guys

You can make your own double idler.

Just need to find the size you want and buy 2 idlers from the parts store and bolt them in where the alternator bolts go.

But like i said not sure on the diameter size.

Another option for the amp is to have it bolted all the way to the back.

picture-273.jpg

Kinda like that except i think your battery bank is right there, so it would have to go behind the batt bank.

as i typed that it sounds like a headache.

you could always mount it inside the car, in front of the rear window, wt a nice rack

IDK, just my thoughts as i stare at the clock ready to leave work

thanks, but i can not mount it like the picuture as 1 my amp is alot bigger then a alpine and 2 thats the only way im getting cabin pressure now.. so if i block that off i might aswell go home...

and i can not mount the amp inside the car is USACI trunk class

Damn now I really want to put my zcons in after your thought on them lol

got some work done

filled the cracks with metel filler expoxy  then i foamed the voids...

20130213_154715_zps6cdefe03.jpg

then i cut a new peice of steel ,, then i body glued the  steel in and then screwed it down.. and boom and new floor

20130213_182229_zps0b10bc8c.jpg

yall think i should paint the inside of the trunk all black ?

Or a layer of the black deadener.

Lookin good Ion!!

I would add another layer of wood on top of the box and try again. The box honestly should be the strongest and most stable place in that car. I don't see you finding a more stable place unless you have room for a cushion surface.

If you mount the amp on a board first, then mount that board on top of a think piece of foam that may work if you have the space.

do you have your box strapped or bolted down ?
 if not maybe that will fix the problem :/

I would add another layer of wood on top of the box and try again. The box honestly should be the strongest and most stable place in that car. I don't see you finding a more stable place unless you have room for a cushion surface.

If you mount the amp on a board first, then mount that board on top of a think piece of foam that may work if you have the space.

i dont follow your logic.

your saying that my box ( a jack hammer) is the best place for an amp.

im going to try something else,  it sould work much better.. . maybe some VLM would help under the mounting surface.

waht problem  are you suggesting that will solve?

waht problem  are you suggesting that will solve?

maybe im wrong but  when you have your trunk closed it creates a different pressure that shakes the box and bolting the box might transfer the energy to the body of the car. problem  cracked  parts on amp

side note have you ever meter how loud is in the trunk ?

Edited by XxedgarxX

im going to try something else,  it sould work much better.. . maybe some VLM would help under the mounting surface.

I'm not saying your box is built wrong because I don't know. But if you make the top as strong as the front baffle that would be the best place for an amp. Well you can't with nothing hooked up right now but you should try a water bottle test sometime. I can bounce a half full water bottle off a dumpster from 30 ft away, and at the same time I can carry that same water bottle over and put up against my baffle while full tilt and there is hardly a ripple.

If the top of that box is as strong as the baffle you won't find a better place to mount it. I will stand behind that, don't believe me. Grab a half bottle of water and start placing it around till you find the best place. If its Not your box, rebuild.

I'm not saying your box is built wrong because I don't know. But if you make the top as strong as the front baffle that would be the best place for an amp. Well you can't with nothing hooked up right now but you should try a water bottle test sometime. I can bounce a half full water bottle off a dumpster from 30 ft away, and at the same time I can carry that same water bottle over and put up against my baffle while full tilt and there is hardly a ripple.

If the top of that box is as strong as the baffle you won't find a better place to mount it. I will stand behind that, don't believe me. Grab a half bottle of water and start placing it around till you find the best place. If its Not your box, rebuild.

I would second this as well Jon. Using the exact same testing method. The box that Swift built for me, I can place a water bottle on the box, and barely, and I mean barely a ripple. Hell, even in a previous video I recorded a little over a month ago, I place my cell phone on the box to record the subwoofer surround, and phone stayed place.

its been a while,  i have gotten some work done, its been slow and go, as work is steady and there is alot of technical figures outs hows ta doin going on..

1f6e09df-dc37-4fc3-8793-1a164f4e1433_zps

20130320_160707_zps81b9bdf2.jpg

20130322_182804_zpsf175369e.jpg

20130322_182808_zpsd3dc6cae.jpg

20130322_182815_zps4e97e17a.jpg

20130322_182827_zps11d8b371.jpg

20130322_182832_zps2a6a0611.jpg

its been a pain in the ass to get all thise thick double wire in the places i need it.. as you can see i still have to wire up the batteries and run those wires into the distro block..  its gonna be hard!

looks like a maze to me..... your wires are like spaghetti on steroids !!!

Lookin good jon!

Looks like it is gonna be "fun"......clean when you are done ;)

thanks guys..

well today i got the rest of my power wires made ran and everything connected. my brother showed up so hell lets throw the subs in...

funny thing,. i hooked everything  up and did a test play for a few seconds to make sure all was well before my brother left.. .. when i came back inside  there was shit laying everywhere... i said WTF who the hell ransacked my house.. i thought someone broken in... nope  DA bass fucking shook everything up and made a buncha shit fall.. lol

here are some pics.. i know it looks the same to most people but it has changed alot!

20130326_142323_zps06a24a75.jpg

20130326_142256_zps0cee355a.jpg20130326_142307_zps28aff16c.jpg

20130326_142302_zps1718733f.jpg

i still have to replace the remote gain cored out, run a new remote for the NS-1 and wire up a toggle switch for the NS1 aswell.. so i can shut the amp off when im not playing hard.. this amp heats up bad on low volume and idle .. crazy.. this amp is made to play loud hard and long.. it runs cooler at full tilt