jonbearsmt

sundown lincoln

ok guys got some work done today... im trying to get better ready for the show this weekend.

it was cold today.. when i started my ride to move it into my work spot it had 14.9 volts in the rear battery bank, :drink40:

2011-12-06_13-47-38_405.jpg

soo.. was my truck this morning .

2011-12-06_13-49-36_716.jpg

2011-12-06_13-49-42_559.jpg

and here is some work!

lets make buss bars

2011-12-06_14-49-47_97.jpg

2011-12-06_15-07-19_948.jpg

washers on the bottoms lock washers on the top!

2011-12-06_16-07-15_944.jpg

2011-12-06_16-32-37_123.jpg

i removed all carpet, and factory sound mat,

2011-12-06_16-32-53_554.jpg

and this is how my trunk looked when i quit for the day! EWW

2011-12-06_16-32-23_101.jpg

Something about that sub setup just gives me the goose bumps, it simply looks loud, very loud.

And for those who are wondering, yes I see "loudness" not feel it. :roflmao:

Jesus bro, does it still close properly? Or are they any gaps or even bents along the edges?

Go on it homie!

thanks, guys,

plans, to gain as much as i can with the same set up.

tight fitting,, you betcha, its just like lastnight in my trunk. but it makes it.

lol thanks stefan i see loudness too.. i call it blurred vision :D

well im a but under the weather today,.,.. yesterday i woke up at 6 am.. i was in the freezing weather for 4 hours, ( my big wreckers heater wasa not working) then worked in the cold all day on the car.. then ate dinner and then worked a 18 wheeler wreck for 5 hours in the freezing weather again ( same truck) so i woke up sick, but on a lighter note i found my beenies and face mask so that should help me thru the rest of the winter.....

import face off this weekend,... my lofty goal is 149.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

-1000 trunk.

my amp is rated under 1000 watts

That SAZ-4500 is rated at less than 1,000 watts? :puzzled:

----RMS power, 1 ohm mono

4500W x 1CH

----RMS power, 2 ohm mono 2000W x 1CH

----RMS power, 4 ohm mono

900W x 1CH

thats from sundowns website

in usaci the 4500 can't be run in 0-1000 since 4500/4=1125w. also, you can only have 2 batts + stock

in usaci the 4500 can't be run in 0-1000 since 4500/4=1125w. also, you can only have 2 batts + stock

well fuck me right.

i guess someone over at RD has been BLOWING somone over at USACI

oh i speak of the D9

i finished up today.. like a kid. i grabbed my termlab and my laptop. and rushed to my spot to meter.... i got 2 burps in and my battery went dead on my lap top :(

so i hope that the scores may go up a few tenths more.. but here are some pics.

so part 2 of the simi rebuild.

2011-12-07_16-13-02_453.jpg

2011-12-07_16-20-35_317.jpg

i also second skinned some other places in the trunk.. i wanted to get the spots i cant get to with ease,

build a little amp rack to get my 100.4 off the sub box,

2011-12-08_14-06-02_395.jpg

did some void filling too with some foam.. i did not get a pic .

so in short... replaced my jumpers with bussbars, took my carpet out. second skinned some of the trunk, filled some voids, and moved some stuff around, and i gain .6 at this point.. but like i said my lap top went dead.. i hope that i can play with some stuff and gain a little more.

2011-12-08_16-42-49_502.jpg

keep going!!!

You plan on keeping the carpet out permanently? Im so jealous of your trunk area :attempt:

so indeed plan to keep the carpet out.. if anything just for looks i will spray rubberized bed liner, just so that it looks all the same and decent.. but i am afraid that will cost me tenths,.

its decent space.. but not a huge workable area... no doubt bigger then your trunk, but you can get louder with less i would imagen my chicks acccord 2 door does 140s on a single SSA icon 15 on 400 watts.

so indeed plan to keep the carpet out.. if anything just for looks i will spray rubberized bed liner, just so that it looks all the same and decent.. but i am afraid that will cost me tenths,.

its decent space.. but not a huge workable area... no doubt bigger then your trunk, but you can get louder with less i would imagen my chicks acccord 2 door does 140s on a single SSA icon 15 on 400 watts.

Looks good Jon,

I also took my carpet out and bought some Vinyl mat. Its nice and fat and fairly heavy cost was around 9bucks a meter. works good for under the box or just tracing out the carpet that was in there.

Edited by Punkeyboozter

Looks good Jon,

I also took my carpet out and bought some Vinyl mat. Its nice and fat and fairly heavy cost was around 9bucks a meter. works good for under the box or just tracing out the carpet that was in there.

you know i thought about that too.. i was thinking if i were able to just make sheets to take out alot of the small contorts and ripples and shit of the truck perhaps it would help with the scoring.

i also have something i tried in the black town car that i think would really help gain in this car... but not sure.. wood floors are hard to install along with carpet.

well i did some more metering as a book mark before i once again.... REBUILD!!

this is the last score from my current set up.

2012-02-07_17-25-00_206.jpg

unless i get a hair in my ass and try to break 149. tomorrow before i start the tear down