kryptonitewhite

systems that do 148dB or more at 25Hz or lower

I managed a 148.2 at 25Hz a year ago in a vehicle that was NOT designed for competition, let alone SPL. I simply wanted a vehicle that could get pretty loud, pretty low, and yet still sound very clear. Out of curiosity I went and got metered to see how loud it was below 30Hz. When I did so I got bombarded with "well this guy with 24 15's in 4th order got a 161 @ 25Hz" and "well this guy got a 154 with just 2 10's at 25Hz".

Later some guy, who despite being from this forum was very polite and nice, comented on some of my posts. He was installing 2 18's and tuning around 30Hz IIRC. So I joked and said I'd give him my other alternator if he could beat my 148 @ 25Hz. He told me the other day he got a 156 somthing at 27Hz.... which is a ways off from 25Hz, but even if he lost 6dB going down 2Hz he'd still have beat it I'd guess..... assuming it was on a TermLab.

No intentions of thread jacking but I could of swarn you made a bet against me for your alternator and I did a 156.7 at 27hz :roflmao:

So I'd like videos, proof, of people besting a 148 @ 25Hz or lower. Not 26Hz or 30Hz.... cuz that isn't the same. Must be TermLab, not the neat digital display Xzibit used on Pimp My Ride for the 22" Jackhammer.

I'd like to see TeamRamRod's build log and videos of him getting 156.7 at 27Hz because thats impressive for any setup, let alone only a pair of 18s.

Here's a link to his build log:

There using an spl labs meter.

I would love to see a legal measurement. How about getting this vehicle into a comp.

The build log, eh. Why aren't there any pics of the enclosure installed?

Not hating on this. That number is ridiculous for a single 18". Shit it's a single 18" in an enclosure built for two 18"(correct me if I am wrong). Metered in the port?

I would love to see a legal measurement. How about getting this vehicle into a comp.

The build log, eh. Why aren't there any pics of the enclosure installed?

Not hating on this. That number is ridiculous for a single 18". Shit it's a single 18" in an enclosure built for two 18"(correct me if I am wrong). Metered in the port?

I believe all the metering was done with both 18s. and the meter was either on the headrest or windshield, not port.

I believe all the metering was done with both 18s. and the meter was either on the headrest or windshield, not port.

before he built this new box for his van, he was running a stetsom 5k to a SINGLE coil on one ZCON for quite a while before he pulled it and put that one and a new one in his new box..

So that one sub was on it's last limb when it was experiencing ~157s at 27hz, lol.

He actually managed to tear a hole through the former with burn marks around it.

He's just goin crazy over there..

when he gets it fixed, everything should be fine then.

before he built this new box for his van, he was running a stetsom 5k to a SINGLE coil on one ZCON for quite a while before he pulled it and put that one and a new one in his new box..

So that one sub was on it's last limb when it was experiencing ~157s at 27hz, lol.

He actually managed to tear a hole through the former with burn marks around it.

He's just goin crazy over there..

when he gets it fixed, everything should be fine then.

I thought he had both zcons running when he did the metering, and then later on he blew the one and was only using a single zcon. :ughdunno:

Oh and reading from the build log he said the meter was on the windshield. So 2 18s doing 157s at 27hz at windshield = very impressive, and if I'm mistaken and he did it with a single 18" then that's even more impressive.

Why did you make this thread? It's pointless........

Why did you make this thread? It's pointless........

Agreed, but I'd like to see what Dave (teamramrod) has to say / clarify about his metering and beating krypton's bet :P

Let me chime in on here to conclude this topic.

You want it to be on aTermlab..

You want it to be legal metered...

If you want so much.. then PROVE to us that your score was legal metered on a termlab :)

I designed his street box for that van.

I also own the company in the USA of the meter he used to measure his score.

He told me the meter was placed on the windshield with the door open playing a test tone.

No, that is not considered legal but until you prove to us your's was, then it will not be comparing like scores properly.

He purchased that meter directly from us and is tested at the factory in Russia to be within 0.1db of a Termlab prior to shipping to me.

You will be surprised within the next couple years when Termlabs start to suddenly disappear and be replaced with something different...

PS- it's already happening, just nothing big in your eyes yet.

The Termlab is only looked at being "big" because it "WAS", not is, WAS the only major accurate pressure meter in the USA being sold and used in competitions.

Times change and nothing last forever.

Now.. having said all that...

This is not a fact but he is going to slamology this saturday..

Maybe if we are lucky.. we can make some magic happen.

mind you 1 of 4 amps may have been blown at this time, so 3 subs were getting canceled by the 4th as well as the port not loading to reduce excursion or adding output.... Ill get TLed again now that I have the amp replaced after I get my other alt installed (if I get to keep my other alt LOL :-P )

147.7 23Hz 147.9 24Hz 148.2 25Hz and 26Hz floor.AVI

132.5 15Hz 136.7 17Hz 140.3 18Hz 142.5 19Hz 143.8 20Hz 144.9 21Hz 145.7 22Hz.AVI

147.7 23Hz hair trick unintentional.AVI

put on 148.2.AVI

Can you point me to any of those vids where it shows where the meter is and what time in the video?

Because i didnt see it anywhere...

Also, termlab is only accurate down to 20hz so anything below that cannot be accepted as accurate.

need to re-meter the geo. it used to do over 150 at 22hz. with the two ap3ks. now it has two bc3500s 16v :morepower1:

hope u have more than 1 alt to give away then....

Can you point me to any of those vids where it shows where the meter is and what time in the video?

Because i didnt see it anywhere...

Also, termlab is only accurate down to 20hz so anything below that cannot be accepted as accurate.

Im not out to prove shit to anyway. i was there, I dont care what you think, I made a joke to the guy and said if he can beat me at 25Hz with just 2 subs Id give him my alt.... looks like he can do it, I was wrong. I dont really care that much.... but I have a radio shack meter and an Audyssey meter I bet I could hit 160dB at 10Hz with them.... so i am simply stating I agree with him he can prolly do it, but Id sure love to see a video of him doing it at 25Hz, not 27Hz, and it being TermLabbed not something else.

Does EVERYONE have to be so...sensitive? I'm not trying to start any extra shit but it seems like everybody wants the other guy to be wrong...and I mean damn...for what? Kryptonite's system can do things most people can't. I'm sure RamRod's system is loud as balls too. Why can't they just coexist peacefully?

He asked for something legit. Vids (or evidence, don't remember as I'm posting) of 148's at sub 25hz. I think he has a fair ground to do so as several people said his idea's were dumb, or that they could build something twice as loud with less equipment or that some guy was doing 60's with xx xx-inch subs so all he asked was to see it.

Yeah he called RamRod out but does that mean get so defensive? If he's wrong then shit, he's wrong so show him he's wrong. Asking for proof to prove his proof that disproves your non-existent proof (that might exist...) won't actually solve anything...

need to re-meter the geo. it used to do over 150 at 22hz. with the two ap3ks. now it has two bc3500s 16v :morepower1:

Post it up man. I'd like to see that. What did you do with the ap3ks? ;)

Does EVERYONE have to be so...sensitive? I'm not trying to start any extra shit but it seems like everybody wants the other guy to be wrong...and I mean damn...for what? Kryptonite's system can do things most people can't. I'm sure RamRod's system is loud as balls too. Why can't they just coexist peacefully?

He asked for something legit. Vids (or evidence, don't remember as I'm posting) of 148's at sub 25hz. I think he has a fair ground to do so as several people said his idea's were dumb, or that they could build something twice as loud with less equipment or that some guy was doing 60's with xx xx-inch subs so all he asked was to see it.

Yeah he called RamRod out but does that mean get so defensive? If he's wrong then shit, he's wrong so show him he's wrong. Asking for proof to prove his proof that disproves your non-existent proof (that might exist...) won't actually solve anything...

Thanks man, I lost it for a second there.... glad you put it in a much more mature way than I did :)

you can't request something without proving yourself...

How bout i go throw my meter in a port on low volume and so somethihg loud then ask one of you guys to beat me?

I'm not accusing kryptonite for doing that, lol, but point proven.. do NOT call someone out without proof yourself.

It'll bite you in the ass.

And sorry if he doesn't get put on a termlab in advance this saturday or not..

Termlab isn't the end all pressure meter. there is none that exist.. but termlab is highly overrated.

and no, i'm not saying that because i appear to be biased.

I own one and it doesn't work because of engineering flaw and that will never happen with any other company no matter who they are...

I am surprised they have been built the way they have for so long.. sad really.

Asking for proof to prove his proof that disproves your non-existent proof (that might exist...) won't actually solve anything...

Yeah, what he said!

:) lol

:threadsucks: the proof is in the pictures I wasnt expecting to do what I did so I did not have a video camera so thats why there is no proof as far as a video. All I can say is I will do it when I get both back in and meter it on video for you! :aw:

theres no hard feeling I understand wanting the proof I mean I WAS SURPRISED so I could imagine everyone else not believing it! I just wish the speakers wouldnt have blown up so I could get more vids for everyone! I lowered the tuning in my box but I will def. have a DEMO machine for sure!

theres no hard feeling I understand wanting the proof I mean I WAS SURPRISED so I could imagine everyone else not believing it! I just wish the speakers wouldnt have blown up so I could get more vids for everyone! I lowered the tuning in my box but I will def. have a DEMO machine for sure!

How did you blow up two new subs so fast? You had them both wired to a Stesom 5k?

eh... not exactly...