Sign in to follow this  
HawkEye

Quote For 2 American Bass XFL 15" Subs

Going to be getting a pair of american bass xfl 15's and im in need a box build.Heard good things about Argent Audio so I figured I would get a quote.

Vehicle Make and Model: Mitsubishi Galant

Direct of Box/Subs: Box And Subs Facing License Plate.

Sealed or Ported: Ported

Number of Subs: Two

Brand and Model of Subs: American Bass XFL D4

Max Dimensions: 36" Wide by 16" Tall by 25" Front To Back

Port Color: Red

Flush Mount Ring Color (if flush mount is chosen): Red

Carpet Color: Black

Zip Code for Shipping Quote: 65705

I would like the box to be tuned to 33hz also

Thanks

Ok I need to do some research on these subs as I have never worked with them before. I will have something for you by the end of the day.

Andrew

Ok that would be much appreciated.Thank You

I'm having trouble finding recommended enclosure sizes for these things. Did it come with any type of owners manual?

Andrew

They came with a spec sheet but it doesn't say anything about recommended enclosure sizes.

They came with a spec sheet but it doesn't say anything about recommended enclosure sizes.

Ok I will send AB an email as see what they say.

Andrew

Let me know when you find something out please.

Hey Andrew.Just thought ide check and see if you found out anything yet.

Dealing with their customer service is pretty tough. They kept giving me dimensions for enclosures lol

I think you might have a tough time fitting two 15's in that small of a car. Do you already have the subs?

Andrew

Yes I have the subs already.They are in a small box in my backseat right now and sound like poo lol.If I could get like 3cubes per side after displacement i think that would be great for these subs.I dont have to have the port and subs facing the same way either.If you could just figure out a way to get a enclusre done around the deminsions that would be awseome.Also,I could go like 5-10 inches more in depth if that helps. My first measurement in depth I gave you was so small becasue I was trying to acount for sub throw and I have atleast 5 inches I could add if you would like have the subs facing up or something.Just let me know.I could pay you my next check which is the 21st of this month if we can get something hammered out.

Yes I have the subs already.They are in a small box in my backseat right now and sound like poo lol.If I could get like 3cubes per side after displacement i think that would be great for these subs.I dont have to have the port and subs facing the same way either.If you could just figure out a way to get a enclusre done around the deminsions that would be awseome.Also,I could go like 5-10 inches more in depth if that helps. My first measurement in depth I gave you was so small becasue I was trying to acount for sub throw and I have atleast 5 inches I could add if you would like have the subs facing up or something.Just let me know.I could pay you my next check which is the 21st of this month if we can get something hammered out.

Ok sounds good. I will do a design tomorrow AM and post some results.

Andrew

Ok cool thank you very much.

Hey I was just wondering if you had time to come up with anything yet. Thanks.

Here is what I have come up with so far:

16 tall

22 deep

48.75 wide

These things need 3 cubes each so a six cube box is pretty big as you can see by the dimensions above.

I think I can make them squeeze down to 2.75 each if that is ok with you.

Andrew

Ok.I just remeasure my trunk and theres no way I could go 48.75 wide.The absolute most I could go wide woulde be 38 inches.16inches tall is perfect and instead of 22inches deep I could go up to 30 inches deep.So where would 16Inches tall x 30Inches Deep x 38Inches Wide get me?Thanks and let me know please.

The reason I cant go very wide is because my trunk is narror at the fenderwels and is really wide towards the opening.

With it that narrow I run into the issue of not being able to physically fit the subs and port.

Would you be open to going with one 15?

Andrew

I kinda want to keep both 15's. So there isnt any way possible to make it work then?

Might be able to do subs up, port back if we have the box towards the back of the truck so the subs are under the trunk lid but there will not be much room for the port to vent. That's an option or we could try sealed.

Andrew

15's in a car like that is next to impossible to be honest unless you put them in some prefab box that's way to small for them and will make them sound bad.

Andrew