95Honda

IB build

Cabinets are great, everything's starting to come together.

I was wondering at first if that was the tv you were going to use :P

+1 on the TV thing, but I'm sure you'll get it perfect! Just like those cabinents! They look great!

Coming along nicely. :popcorn:

OK, so kind of got sidetracked with other projects. I will be finishing my garage over Christmas break. The I will have some decent room to build all the IB stuff.

As for another project for the garage, I am building a large set of 3-ways. I have a pair MJ18s I bough off here a few months ago. I also have a set of Eminence Beta 10 coax's with ACD compression drivers. I am going to build a set of Adire Hurricane clones, I will just have to tweak a few parts for the MJ18 (Zobel) and the ACD tweeter (attenuation). These will be big, vented efficient boxes... Should be perfect for pounding out some tunes... Pretty sure they will stay un-finished MDF... Probably run them off an Adcom 200 WPC amp I have....

That is some sweet work there. Guess we all had the same thought on that TV sitting in there. I caught crap all the time with my "little" 42" screen that sat between the Two Towers before I tore them down, they were 48"x48"x96" each LMMFAO

Still on the backburner...  lol...

Definitely consider front projector. An Epson would do well in that setup, so check into them.

I will depend on the kind of deal I can get a new flatscreen for.  A projector seems more and more appealing in this situation though... 

I finally finished my framing, here is the area where the baffle is going to be built.  The woofers will face down and be about 2" above the drywall.  I will make a large grill frame and cover it with white grill cloth.  The amplifiers will be upstairs and the subwoofers will fire through a heat register...

DSC_0109_zpsd4a59ba6.jpgDSC_0107_zpsefdca20a.jpgDSC_0111_zps54a5555e.jpg

The baffle will be all MDF, It will be pretty substantial and secured to the floor joists solid...

Very excited to see this build continue :)

I wish it could go faster, I have just been so busy.

I changed the amps to a pair of Dayton 1000 watt rack mount sub amps...  I forgot I had an extra pair still NIB, so that will be their home...

:popcorn:

Nice framing work.

Glad to see that you are on my schedule of getting things done.  Love what you are doing and am jealous.

Glad to see that you are on my schedule of getting things done.  Love what you are doing and am jealous.

Life just keeps me too damn busy!

I am pretty excited to hear some good IB bottom end.  Honestly, I just need to find a weekend to fire up the tablesaw and cut some MDF, I have everything I need right now, just a matter of putting it together...

oh yeah, lets keep the pictures coming!

No turning back now!  

I ended up going with a 12" x 6" vent, it should keep compression at a manageable level...  I will build the manifold Saturday and hopefully have everything mounted by Sunday.  Signal cables are already run.  I will just place the amplifiers up on a shelf inside the sofit framing until I get everything done.

DSC_00042_zpsb9603504.jpgDSC_00032_zps90c532ab.jpgDSC_0006_zpsbb1d37cc.jpgDSC_0007_zps23ea0afa.jpg

Looks like the regular floor a/c heater vents in a house, pretty nifty. Im so jelly

That is what it is, I removed the flaps on the back.  Whole idea was to keep everything out of sight, I think it will do just that!

I have a good feeling I am going to have some serious low end...

Manifold all done.  It was a bitch getting it up there myself!

I'll mount the woofers Sunday, I want the glue to cure all night.  Hurricane nuts and 10-24 allen head cap screws to secure the drivers...

DSC_0009_zps8a2c23c6.jpgDSC_0010_zpse7bfe154.jpgDSC_0016_zps04e433f2.jpgDSC_0017_zpsb4347320.jpg

I'm loving it. I have two drivers that I plan on keeping after the days of car audio for this type of application.