95Honda

IB build

I have hung on to the XXXs for almost 10 years.  They are still in perfect shape and have been waiting for something like this...  Their Qts is really too high for vented alignments, so sealed or IB is the goign to be the trick... 

Nice!! I love the idea with the register! Did you blackout inside the IB?

No blackout, you can't see anything, it matches all the other vents...

To give you guys an idea of how efficient the sub stage is, unless I have the gains on the sub amps at 1/4 or less, the receiver sets the subwoofer to maximum attenuation during the auto calibration with the microphone, lol...

I did have one problem I had to sort out, there was some noticeable 60Hz hum caused  by a ground loop, and the fact that none of the Pioneer gear is grounded, lol...  I ran a #8 ground wire to bond the receiver and sub amps downstairs, zero hum now!

woah... so jelly

So we watched our first movie tonight...  It literally moves the floor...  Now everything rattles so much on quiet scenes that just have sub sonics that it is annoying...  So I am going to start chasing down rattles...  We have a crap load of stuff in the living room, so I think it is time for a test tone CD and a lot of time...

Awesome! Good luck chasing your rattles.

Finding and controlling rattles should be fun.

Manifold all done.  It was a bitch getting it up there myself!

I'll mount the woofers Sunday, I want the glue to cure all night.  Hurricane nuts and 10-24 allen head cap screws to secure the drivers...

DSC_0009_zps8a2c23c6.jpgDSC_0010_zpse7bfe154.jpgDSC_0016_zps04e433f2.jpgDSC_0017_zpsb4347320.jpg

Is that square duct insulated on the inside?This is nice! I love finished basements,They make the best man caves!! i would suggest if that square duct is not insulated on the inside to get some Duct wrap and insulate anything that is going to have a closed ceiling "if your planing on closing" as long as that register is not inside the closed soffit,drop ceiling,ect... Wrap anything that is going to be in unconditioned space.. But wonderful job bro!!

All the HVAC is done, everything is heated/AC'd in basement...  I just have to finish wiring and plumbing then drywall...  The Soffit is for looks, it will be open all around the subwoofer and the utility room...  No worries!

Watching "Derek Trucks Live" on the Pioneer Elite Blu Ray through the system...  Sounds awesome...  The IB has such flat response it blends well...  I am liking this setup...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songlines_Live#mediaviewer/File:SonglinesLive.jpg

I always liked IB, it has just been forever since I have been able to enjoy it.  Everything turned out great, I wouldn't change a thing...

There is one thing I would change. I'd install it in my house instead of yours.

I always liked IB, it has just been forever since I have been able to enjoy it.  Everything turned out great, I wouldn't change a thing...

There is one thing I would change. I'd install it in my house instead of yours.

x2

Lol...  I wish I had a better room, our living room is probably the worst room I have ever attempted a full-out sub-stage in...  Thank god for enough output to overcome some of the room problems...

Finding and controlling rattles should be fun.

Like whack a mole!

Lol...  I wish I had a better room, our living room is probably the worst room I have ever attempted a full-out sub-stage in...  Thank god for enough output to overcome some of the room problems...

Looks like you have a number of customers wondering if you make house calls.

Lol, it is easy stuff, really...  I just wish I had a decent room...  Maybe MKII will be when I finish the basement this year...  Concrete walls...

But in all honesty, for a living room system upstairs that has a good (and almost invisible) 5.1 system and a 65"  LED screen, I couldn't ask for more...

I would love to do something similar with a Crown amp and an Evil 18".

Just need to plan out how to get the woofer mounted IB and if you do a manifold keep the resonance an octave or so above your highest frequency.  And honestly, you can use any driver for IB, you just may have to add some EQ to ones that have a real low Qts...  And 18s tend to have enough displacement that they will work no matter what, lol...

Just need to plan out how to get the woofer mounted IB and if you do a manifold keep the resonance an octave or so above your highest frequency.  And honestly, you can use any driver for IB, you just may have to add some EQ to ones that have a real low Qts...  And 18s tend to have enough displacement that they will work no matter what, lol...

Oh I wish, can't do it right now in a rented house.

Ha rental!  Game on, your leaving it someday lol!  Best place to learn by mistake....

Awesome man.  Really would like to use my XXXs in an IB application some day.

Holy nipple clamps, Batman! Wow!

Did somebody say something about nipple clamps? lickscreen.gif