95Honda

IB build

I'm doing (2) 12" build with (2) XXX in the trunk of my Grand Prix.

I have 4k..Should I go closer to 2 cubes each?

2015-02-06_15-34-09_778.jpg

2015-02-06_15-33-54_929.jpg

Are they close to original softparts?  If so I have the T/S at home on BBPro6...  I can look when I get back this weekend, I am in Springfield Ohio working right now...

What a great setup!  Very nicely done!

Do you think I could use my 2 Xcon 12s to build a similar home theater sub?  They are not fetching squat $ used anymore, so I might as well enjoy them. 

T/S Specs here:

http://products.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/product-information/xcon.html

Edited by Jasonc13

The Xcon is a very nice driver, but does not have the XBL^2 technology to handle IB like the XXX. You could possibly look into building nice HT cabinets or towers for them to get the best sound

IB suitability doesn't really have anything to do with the XBL^2 technology, but the other parameters of the driver.  In fact, the (first/second generation) 18" XXX is really the only one that shines in IB due to it's high overall Qts...  The 10", 12", and 15" versions won't work quite so well as they all have lower Qts...  The higher Qts is needed as the driver won't self dampen and require equalization to remain somewhat flat...

If I were to go IB and had to buy new drivers, FI IB3 would be my first choice, 2nd choice the Parts Express Dayton 15" IB subwoofer...

How much does placement effect IB compared and to standard ported or sealed setup?

My closet ceiling is a neat square that could easily accommodate up to three or four 18's (small room, not needing that much lol) but it's across the room from where my woofer is currently; been wondering how to even figure it out.

The room behaves the same.  So if you have a huge null in an area you are listening in, IB won't make a difference, especially if it loads from the same area...

The room behaves the same. So if you have a huge null in an area you are listening in, IB won't make a difference, especially if it loads from the same area...

I was thinking take one of my tens and put it in a sealed box, all over the room while I'm at listening position to see how well it would do mounted in various locations.

Edited by SpeakerBoy