Sign in to follow this  
BigBodyLexus

Specs for Z v3

Okay so my next system will be (2) 12" Z v3's and (2) SAZ-3500D's, I was curious if anyone knew the specs for a ported enclosure. I would run both amps at 1 ohm. I'm just curious as to how much more room is needed. I have (2) SA-12's in a 3.5 cu. ft box tuned to 30Hz. I would like to stay somewhere around there. I cannot find the thread that had the specs for the soon to be released Z v3's

why so much power?

You should be ok, as I understand the V .2 motors posses more motor force, and until pushed till their limits wont matter, and if it is so, higher motor force can affect bottom octave, but increase output elsewhere. Which suggests the new design has similar power handling and is targeting an sq crowd with goals in comps.

Okay so my next system will be (2) 12" Z v3's and (2) SAZ-3500D's, I was curious if anyone knew the specs for a ported enclosure. I would run both amps at 1 ohm. I'm just curious as to how much more room is needed. I have (2) SA-12's in a 3.5 cu. ft box tuned to 30Hz. I would like to stay somewhere around there. I cannot find the thread that had the specs for the soon to be released Z v3's

Sundown said it was ok to use your existing box(3.5 cu.ft.) tell me what are the outside dims for your box and how long is your port and width....sorry to be asking you all these questions but, I`m thinking about using the exact same setup with the Z v3 subs minus the amps. Any help I would appreciate.

You should be ok, as I understand the V .2 motors posses more motor force, and until pushed till their limits wont matter, and if it is so, higher motor force can affect bottom octave, but increase output elsewhere. Which suggests the new design has similar power handling and is targeting an sq crowd with goals in comps.

don`t you mean the v3 motor will have more strenght or am I wrong?

I've changed my mind on the amps, I'll just use the 3500D that I already hace, my current box is 36" x 17" x 19". Ultimately I'm trying to hit at least a 150Db in my Camry

I've changed my mind on the amps, I'll just use the 3500D that I already hace, my current box is 36" x 17" x 19". Ultimately I'm trying to hit at least a 150Db in my Camry

my box is 37"w x 18"d x 17"h and tuned to 32hz

Big Body just how good do the Z`s sound? I don`t know if you have played with The Mags v3 that Nick came out with about 5years ago or the Brahmas, but if you have do the Z sound just as good and get damn louder?

r

The Z v3's aren't out yet but the Z v2's are badass, I definitely want the Z's, simply because I'm more into daily than I am competing, if I was solely chasing numbers I would go with Nightshades. I've never had any SI subs. What I can say is I was VERY impressed with my SA-12's so I know the Z's won't let me down.

your wrong.

your wrong.

ok thk you, now tell me what is the trade off between the v2 and the v3 with the difference in motor strength? what will the outcome be

your wrong.

ok thk you, now tell me what is the trade off between the v2 and the v3 with the difference in motor strength? what will the outcome be

i've heard the tradeoff would be a more musical subwoofer. not 100% sure on that.

Sign in to follow this