Sign in to follow this  
barley89

Amp for 2x ICON 12's?

i plan on purchasing my HU and ICONS in the next 3-4 weeks. I still havent been able to find an Amp on my budget that will power my subs. I am trying to give them the 300w they are rated at. I am looking for an amp for around $150-$250. Thanks in advance guys,

If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.

Icons are rated for 1000watts rms. The dcons are rated for 300watts, I believe.

I am getting the Icons. I overlooked the power difference. Is it still possible to power these subs on the same budget?

There is no such thing as underpowering subs. You could run a pair of icons off a 1000w amp. Depending on your goals that might not be a bad way to go considering your budget. Dbr sells refurbed sundown amps for around 250 and you could always check out the used section right here. Some people on here have had luck with AudioQue amps. IIRC the 1200 is right around 250.

EDIT: I just noticed you said your "getting" the icons. I believe they are out of stock at the moment so if you don't already have them you may want to look into that.

Edited by theluker69

I have ran Icon's with less then 300 watts. :)

Im running a pair of xcons off ~1000watts total, or 500watts to each driver.

Xcons are rated for 1750watts.

They still get really loud :P

Well.... I turned out to be completely on the wrong path... I meant DCON's. That being said. I found a refurbished SAZ-1000D on dbr for $260. I can swing that. I seen it pumps out about 600w @ 2ohm. So I should be able to wire the DCON D4's down to 2 correct? Sorry if I'm way off base guys. Bear with me.

Well.... I turned out to be completely on the wrong path... I meant DCON's. That being said. I found a refurbished SAZ-1000D on dbr for $260. I can swing that. I seen it pumps out about 600w @ 2ohm. So I should be able to wire the DCON D4's down to 2 correct? Sorry if I'm way off base guys. Bear with me.

Nope you get 2 D2 Dcons and wire them to 4 ohms. When you bring the two subs together they will drop down to a 2 ohm load.

Nope you get 2 D2 Dcons and wire them to 4 ohms. When you bring the two subs together they will drop down to a 2 ohm load.

I don't think they make D2 Dcons, according to the store, but get 2 S4, "Single 4 ohm" Dcons and when you wire them together it will make a 2 ohm load.

This is the diagram of how to wire the 2 S4 subs.

2_4ohm_svc_2ohm.gif

I don't think they make D2 Dcons, according to the store, but get 2 S4.

Your absolutely right, didnt know that. So OP listen to Hzd Skizzy and get 2 S4 Dcons.