chainsaw

all-in-one pc help

I am looking for an all in one pc for my home office: something to do school work on, pay bills, etc.

I kinda like this

Anybody have any experience with the Vaio J series?

It looks like its got some nice features and a decent size for my price range

Any other similar and similarly priced all-in-ones worth taking a look at? The Sony is out of stock but I won't be buying until around September or so.

Edited by Chainsaw

Ttt

I'm on a Vaio VGC - JS110J all in one right now, I like it alot, I also use a Dell all in one and I use them for the same things (school, bills, online shopping, SSA, etc.) either one will do fine. I think I spent 499 on the Dell and it has been great for what I need it for. I do like this Vaio a little better though.

i am a computer tech and i will tell you i don't care for all in ones - some of them do not cool very well and are a pain to work on !!! some harder then most laptops

if u buy one buy say a dell or something that isnt realy expensive that way if something does happen to it your not out a grand or more

Edited by smokey

i am a computer tech and i will tell you i don't care for all in ones - some of them do not cool very well and are a pain to work on !!! some harder then most laptops

if u buy one buy say a dell or something that isnt realy expensive that way if something does happen to it your not out a grand or more

Ok. The Sony is 599 on newegg.

just a fyi. I'm not very savvy when it comes to computers so take my recommendations lightly. Both of the all in ones I use though have been running just fine for a year+(Dell) and 2 years+(Sony) with no help keeping them cool, I do keep them several inches away from the wall though. I don't do anything fancy at all on the Dell unit but my brother uses the shit outta the Sony for all sorts of stuff like mixing/chopping up/screwing music and for a bunch of different graphic design stuff for school. I don't know how well either runs new/er games though.

The Sony is gone on newegg

Any thoughts on the acer I posted?

The acer will be faster, but i don't know how reliable it is.

It should atleast last 2 years so if you change computers often it doesn't matters.

Kinda late in the game but the Sony's are pretty reliable with their desktops.... It's unfortunate they've ditched the smaller market that is out there that only require basic computing and cater to the entertainment market exclusively now... Anyway, that Acer looks pretty good....

Thanks guys. It looks like I'm going with the acer.

so a little update: I bought a dell inspiron 2305. Brand new out the box, it had issues using third party software such as google chrome and itunes. So we are getting an Imac soon, once we send back the dell

Acer FTW!

Why not just get a full desk top?

i think he wants portability.. why not a REAL laptop?

It was not about portability. I like the style of an all in one. Its simple. I am getting an IMac when we get the money for the Dell back. I am mad at pc's right now, because it was software issues. My plan was to buy something to use for school and upgrade to a Mac in 2-3 years. But with the issues, we might as well spend a little more now and get what I want

Edited by Chainsaw

Magically got the dell working. It's awesome