swagger_wagon468

1999 Tahoe SAE1200 on 2 12" Fi Q's

Happens to everyone now and then. In for pics :popcorn:

so you did what i suggested? haha, i do it too, all depends on what headunit and such. i did it to a jvc in a buddy's car because i thought blue (pioneer) was the remote turn on in the jvc. not, oops

so you did what i suggested? haha, i do it too, all depends on what headunit and such. i did it to a jvc in a buddy's car because i thought blue (pioneer) was the remote turn on in the jvc. not, oops

Haha. Yessir. It just seemed to me that red would be constant power ya kno?

And bakedboy... You are so right. :) I have a DCON 15 on the way to my house for a temp setup.

temp setup? that temp setup will look and sound good as hell.

congrats on figuring out his the issue you had

Yep. Temp setup till I get a new daily driver (supra mkIII). Then the wagon will be running 4 15" or most likely 18" zcons on 4 saz3ks. :)

And yeA, im glad I got the lroblem fixdd too. He is still pissed that the gain knob input doesnt work... nothing I can do bout that tho.

Lol very nice on the temp setup. I just sold my 12" bl to a buddy today so i can start my next project and i found a 300w hifonics hfi d412" laying around at his house in a sealed box and talked him into letting me "use" it until i get my sa10's.... So ill be runnin this sucker at 2ohms off of a aq2200 :peepwall: , i think we should take some bets on how many DAYS it can take my abuse lol :D. man i wanna see those Q's slammin and then the grin on your buddys face the entire time hahaha...if only my first system wasnt 2 10" subs and amp package bought at pepboys for $99 lmao. :ughdunno:

^ LOLZ! He is lovin his single Q right now. Its running at 2ohms so 600ish watts...and itgoes into protect at fulltilt. Gain ismost likely set to high...but I dont have a dmm(dont know how to use one either. Lol) so if theres anyone in GA willing to help hs out with tuning the amp, letme know! :)

well it is stock electrical all the way thru... but i ran my saz1500 on my stock elec. (80amp alt) for several months before it started going below 12v. ill atleast set it so his V doesnt drop below 12v... did 1 of the BIG 3 today. (alt+ to batt+) i would have done the others... but his negative "terminal bolt" i guess you would call it, is not long enough to add any ring terminals to it. i tried to add one, and it wouldnt screw back in... any suggestions?

Most car audio shops carry an extended bolt for GM side terminals...they usually also have a threaded part and nut to add more connections on too. Usually only a few dollars.

Here's a couple different styles...

images.jpg

images2.jpg

I used the first one with success and got mine from autozone or pepboys.

So... We finally got the second Q!! Thanks again Nick for,the extras. :)

Problem tho,... Before we even powered it up... I was mounting the sub, and...

The drill slipped. :( it went all the way thru the surround. So what do you recommend to patch the hole in the surround?

Thanks guys. When he gets home from skool tomorrow, ill post some pics of it. Also, would it be okay flr him to play it with the hole for tomorrow? Its just one day... But i figured ide ask.

Thanka

Jonathan.

So... We finally got the second Q!! Thanks again Nick for,the extras. :)

Problem tho,... Before we even powered it up... I was mounting the sub, and...

The drill slipped. :( it went all the way thru the surround. So what do you recommend to patch the hole in the surround?

Thanks guys. When he gets home from skool tomorrow, ill post some pics of it. Also, would it be okay flr him to play it with the hole for tomorrow? Its just one day... But i figured ide ask.

Thanka

Jonathan.

:( That Sucks!!!

Possibly silicone the hole, I would silicone it from both sides of the surround if you decide to go that way.

I always use a steady hand and a manual screwdriver when messing with sub screws, because stories like that scare me! sorry about that man, bummer.

X2 on a light coat of silicone.

Yea it sux. I guess ill get some black silicone. Any certain kind/brand?

Permatex?

Soo... Yet another problem,

My buddy was driving and had his system on... And it turned off. So he came to my house. All the fuses were fried. And when i opened it up, theres a black wire that is now disconnected... How? Idk. What would cause this? Can i just sauder a new wire on and be good to go?

Thanks.

Pics...

2011-08-15_16-17-19_918.jpg

2011-08-15_16-17-11_840.jpg

2011-08-15_16-17-37_834.jpg

You can see in the last pic that the wire broke somewhere inside the jacket. Because there is still some wire with no jacket on one side.

Idk i never messed with technical stuff like that.

Instead of replacing the battery under the hood I would add one to the rear.