Sign in to follow this  
b00sted

Wiring up multiple batteries

can anyone tell me how to wire up 3 batteries ??

i plan on running 3 batteries for my 2 18s, just wondering how to wire them up to my dc power alt....

i plan to use one batt for my cars electrical and then one battery for each amp ( 2 amps altogether)

if someone can tell me how to wire these up i would be thankful..

thanks

search a little its a OVER asked question.. just take a few and find it...

front cell +--fuse----------------------------------fuse------ rear cell + 1---+2----+3-----fuse -----amp

frame----- -1rear----2 rear---3rear----- amp

dont forget the big three

- wire

+ positve

- negitive

search a little its a OVER asked question.. just take a few and find it...

front cell +--fuse----------------------------------fuse------ rear cell + 1---+2----+3-----fuse -----amp

frame----- -1rear----2 rear---3rear----- amp

dont forget the big three

- wire

+ positve

- negitive

kk thanks.

His diagram pretty much sums it up. Assuming they are all AGM batteries, or at least batteries of the same chemistry, you can just wire them all in parallel. Connecting all of the positives together and then connecting all of the negatives together will wire them in parallel and pull from each battery just about equally, so really, you could hook up your amps to any single battery in the car and it will pull from all 3. To hook up the alternator, pretty easy, just hook up the positive from the alt to the positive on the front battery, but don't forget to fuse that wire, it's crucial you do. If it has a negative spot on the casing, just connect the negative on the casing to the negative on the same from battery.

As far as hooking up batteries, the same general rule of thumb applies. Ground off first, ground on last. Meaning, to hook up your alt, make sure all of your batteries are disconnected, even disconnect the positives just to be sure. The reconnect all of the positives, the connect the front battery ground, then connect the rear battery grounds.

His diagram pretty much sums it up. Assuming they are all AGM batteries, or at least batteries of the same chemistry, you can just wire them all in parallel. Connecting all of the positives together and then connecting all of the negatives together will wire them in parallel and pull from each battery just about equally, so really, you could hook up your amps to any single battery in the car and it will pull from all 3. To hook up the alternator, pretty easy, just hook up the positive from the alt to the positive on the front battery, but don't forget to fuse that wire, it's crucial you do. If it has a negative spot on the casing, just connect the negative on the casing to the negative on the same from battery.

As far as hooking up batteries, the same general rule of thumb applies. Ground off first, ground on last. Meaning, to hook up your alt, make sure all of your batteries are disconnected, even disconnect the positives just to be sure. The reconnect all of the positives, the connect the front battery ground, then connect the rear battery grounds.

awesome sounds good thanks bro :)

You can mix a regular wet cell with an agm battery in your install with no major adverse effects as long as the vehicle is used regularly. If this is a daily driver, it is not imperative to replace your factory wet cell with an agm. If this is a vehicle which does not get used very often, you should unhook the batteries from each other (usually easiest via fuse).