Sign in to follow this  
oldschool4life

What's wrong with this website???

I noticed that with the "Dark" skin ... I switched to the "Grey" skin and everything works great (so far) ...

hope this helps some ...

Did this just start happening?

im using the dark skin and I have no problems with this website! SSA FTMFW!

I click on "forums" and the forums don't load. I get a yellow pages box and that's it...

What browser are you using?

This forum software always runs best in FireFox or Google Chrome. If you are using IE, there are a few known bugs with this software and IE.

This forum software always runs best in FireFox or Google Chrome. If you are using IE, there are a few known bugs with this software and IE.

This is probably my problem with this "Dark" skin and SMD site ... I'm on a company laptop and they will not change it or upgrade it for me ...

I don't post on SMD that much anyways ... but the "Grey" Skin works GREAT for me ...

thanks ...

This is a great forum. No glitches for me.

Yeah I get the same crap as well and you have to refresh the page almost 10 times to get it to go away, for a minute I thought it was just me (kinda annoying).

Only issue I have is in the Private Message area, the ads don't fit on top so they drop down and cover the first pm's making them impossible to click on. I'm using firefox 3.6 :ughdunno:

I have problems on my sisters computer sometimes and it uses internet explorer...

it will load the top portion of the page but nothing under the ads on the top..

but if I exit out and come back it usually works.

However, on my computer i use firefox and never have a problem.

Only issue I have is in the Private Message area, the ads don't fit on top so they drop down and cover the first pm's making them impossible to click on. I'm using firefox 3.6 :ughdunno:

You might want to try installing adblock plus for FF if you haven't already

yeahh thats happened to me too, its a yellow box with yelp ads in it, its pretty annoying because you have to exit the site and come back in order to get back to the forums. its a small bug with the ads i think.

Downloading Firefox 5 definitely has helped me out so far, thanks for the heads up.

Now that I switched to Firefox I cant read my pm's, this is getting overwhelming now.

If u cant read ur PM's because of the ads do as previously said go to tools then add ons an search for ad blocker plus.

Now that I switched to Firefox I cant read my pm's, this is getting overwhelming now.

Like I said try ad block plus. When you install it you'll be asked to add a subscription. There's a few different ones available, they're basically just a list of what type of pop ups etc to block. Imo you should stick with firefox for awhile and get used to it. If you don't like it switch back. It can be a bit of a memory hog compared to other browsers though.

If u cant read ur PM's because of the ads do as previously said go to tools then add ons an search for ad blocker plus.

Tried it and it didnt work, thanks though.

Like I said try ad block plus. When you install it you'll be asked to add a subscription. There's a few different ones available, they're basically just a list of what type of pop ups etc to block. Imo you should stick with firefox for awhile and get used to it. If you don't like it switch back. It can be a bit of a memory hog compared to other browsers though.

I used FireFox before so Im used to it, thats not an case here. I just didnt want to download it to fix one issue with only one website Im having issues with and now this one is causing me issues as well. Its cool no biggie since im not on here much any more.

off topic but how do i change the skin on this forum?

Below the Incriminator Add, there is a drop down box that says Dark or whatever color you currently have as your background.

thanks an i jus found that after postin lol should've waited 2min before postin

Anyone who is having issues use Chrome or opera?

I run GC and have no issues :)

I also just installed AdBlock for Chrome and it works fine.

This worked for me, Adblock plus knocked 'em right out, thanks.

Anyone who is having issues use Chrome or opera?

I use chrome on my pc at home and opera at work and both were performing fine for me