sundownz

Sundown SD-2 10/12 "500-Watt" Subwoofer Pre-Order

Original discussion topics here :

Sundown SD-2 Line Photos - Car Audio Classifieds

Working on 500-watt Line w/ Reduced Depth - Car Audio Classifieds

----------

ETA for these to arrive is end of September to beginning of October. As always this is subject to production and transit delays so please be certain you are willing to wait before placing a pre-order; if you have ANY doubts please wait until they are in stock and shipping to order. Pre-order policy is no refunds due to delays.

To order please PAYPAL to sundownz@sundownaudio.com and specify size / quantity / coil configuration or contact your favorite online or local dealer; they can contact us for details if necessary as this is a new product.

DO NOT send payments as a gift or through any means that does not include an address unless you note the address in comments.

PRICING :

Shipped in the CONTINENTAL USA -- please contact for AK and HI orders. This pre-sale is only in the USA; for international orders contact your local distributor. If your country does NOT have a distributor contact us for a shipping quote.

From now until the end of July

SD-2 12" D2 / D4

$125 each

SD-2 10" D2 / D4

$115 each

From August 1st until arrival

SD-2 12" D2 / D4

$135 each

SD-2 10" D2 / D4

$125 each

REGULAR COST:

SD-2 12" - $160

SD-2 10" - $150

----------

SD-2 12" Measured Mounting Depth = 5.25"

SD-2 10" Measured Mounting Depth = 4.75"

PICTURES:

CIMG4937.JPG

CIMG4938.JPG

CIMG4939.JPG

CIMG4940.JPG

* Quite a bit less depth than the SA series for depth restricted applications.

VIDEOS:

Little bit of testing while breaking it in.

Could not break it... part II uploading now as well.

Seriously... still couldn't break it.

For reference the power meter reads KW -- so 0.82 is 820 watts.

----------

SPECS :

The specs before break-in period are as follows as measured by the factory (Fs and Qts drop with break-in for reference) :

SD-2 10" D4 :

Fs: 39.7 Hz

Re: 8.0 ohms

Qms: 5.45

Qes: 0.56

Qts: 0.52

Cms: 0.09 mm/N

Mms: 178 g

BL: 24.7 NA

Vas: 13.8 L

Sens: 83.5 dB 1w/1m

Le: 4.06 mH

SD-2 10" D2 :

Fs: 36.7 Hz

Re: 4.0 ohms

Qms: 5.51

Qes: 0.48

Qts: 0.45

Cms: 0.10 mm/N

Mms: 184 g

BL: 18.7 NA

Vas: 15.6 L

Sens: 83.9 dB 1w/1m

Le: 2.69 mH

SD-2 12" D4 :

Fs: 38.8 Hz

Re: 8.0 ohms

Qms: 6.18

Qes: 0.69

Qts: 0.62

Cms: 0.09 mm/N

Mms: 195 g

BL: 23.5 NA

Vas: 31.7 L

Sens: 86.1 dB 1w/1m

Le: 4.14 mH

SD-2 12" D2 :

Fs: 36.8 Hz

Re: 4.0 ohms

Qms: 6.06

Qes: 0.58

Qts: 0.53

Cms: 0.08 mm/N

Mms: 225 g

BL: 18.9 NA

Vas: 30.2 L

Sens: 86.0 dB 1w/1m

Le: 2.63 mH

I so wanna buy a pair of 10s to play with!

:doit:

when will these be added to the dealer online carts? or would you just like me to order thru email?

when will these be added to the dealer online carts? or would you just like me to order thru email?

E-Mail will work until we add them on the cart.

E-Mail will work until we add them on the cart.

Hey sorry again jake i just realized this was on here too. i was planning on emailing you to order some but my new guy decided he would take control and ask and thought this was a dealers forum. i had a talk with him today and he wont do it again. too make sure of this i am making sure i log out of the forum when i am done so no one can post thru my account questions we need to ask.

Once again I am sorry for this and it is handled now. If you see any other ones that seem odd or something that should be emailed to you instead of here please delete comment and email me what is said, if he does it again it wont be pretty for him and i promise that i will handle it in a matter i am hoping it does not come too as it looks bad for our shop in my eyes.

Just recommended these for a local who is looking for a good sub in a moderate Sq oriented car but with the ability to still bump a bit if he wants. Hope he see's something he likes and places an order!

Just recommended these for a local who is looking for a good sub in a moderate Sq oriented car but with the ability to still bump a bit if he wants. Hope he see's something he likes and places an order!

Just ordered them, thanks All4Spl :) I'll be anticipating on seeing it come home hehehe, ordered 2 12s, in D2 flavor

Production should be wrapping up August 25th so by the time containers are loaded and they arrive to my door we are looking at the third or fourth week of September to arrive here (last container took ~30 days from sailing to arrive at our shop) -- so all is looking good.

Production should be wrapping up August 25th so by the time containers are loaded and they arrive to my door we are looking at the third or fourth week of September to arrive here (last container took ~30 days from sailing to arrive at our shop) -- so all is looking good.

Great!!! Can't wait for my 4 tens.

Based on my calculations the SD-12 D2 should work well sealed in a 0.65^3ft enclosure.

Do you agree sundownz?

ETA was pushed back a bit from initial estimate -- received e-mail notification this morning of an ETA at our shop around 10/24/11 -- so keep that in mind !

Based on my calculations the SD-12 D2 should work well sealed in a 0.65^3ft enclosure.

Do you agree sundownz?

Yep.

Jacob, will these be strictly sealed? or will they be like an SA and dominate small ported and do decent in sealed? sorry if i missed the discussion have a customer interested and wants to know. also 1 cube with 4" aero each 12?

These are due in less than two weeks so get your pre-orders in now !

To order please PAYPAL to sundownz@sundownaudio.com and specify size / quantity / coil configuration or contact your favorite online or local dealer; they can contact us for details if necessary as this is a new product.

DO NOT send payments as a gift or through any means that does not include an address unless you note the address in comments.

PRICING :

Shipped in the CONTINENTAL USA -- please contact for AK and HI orders. This pre-sale is only in the USA; for international orders contact your local distributor. If your country does NOT have a distributor contact us for a shipping quote.

From August 1st until arrival

SD-2 12" D2 / D4

$135 each

SD-2 10" D2 / D4

$125 each

REGULAR COST:

SD-2 12" - $160

SD-2 10" - $150

----------

SD-2 12" Measured Mounting Depth = 5.25"

SD-2 10" Measured Mounting Depth = 4.75"

SD-2 container due on Thursday -- so the pre-order is now closed.

This means we'll be shipping them out next week as we have another container due Friday so will likely not get much shipping done that day.