basshead7890

Need help choosing a subwoofer

$500 is my budget including shipping and in a 4 to 4.5 cubic feet box powered by a hifonics brz2400.1d . I was looking at the 15" btl fully loaded, 15" xcon, and the 15" zcon for $30 more. I'm going for spl, i just want it to be loud. for daily use

also i thinking about 2 ssd 15 is a slightly smaller box then recommended.

what are you suggestions/recommendations of other subs?

Edited by marq7890

15 btl fully loaded would get stupid loud! Fo shizzle my nizzle!

I would not put a pair of SSS's in a box that is too small. I realize you said you just want it to get loud, but you may want to be a little more specific. Do you care about sound quality at all? Is this for competition or just daily use? The XCON is a more sound quality oriented sub with the ability to get loud and handle lots of power. The BTL and ZCON are more geared toward SPL, but by no means will either of them sound bad. SSA and Fi do not manufacture subs that get loud at a high cost to sound quality. I hope this helps

15 BTl gets my vote. If you prefer to lean towards the SQ side, go for the ZCON. But both will get ridiculously loud and sound great

BTL for loudness, Dcon for SQ, dont get me wrong the Con will get loud and the btl doesnt sound all that bad... either way you should be happy with your setup

BTL for loudness, Dcon for SQ, dont get me wrong the Con will get loud and the btl doesnt sound all that bad... either way you should be happy with your setup

I think u meant an X or a Z lol

DP

Edited by theluker69

I've never heard a bad thing about either of the SSA's, but a 15'' BTL would do work.

Zcon or BTL for output, I don't think you have near enough room to do a pair of 15s in that trunk ported.

Either sub will get nasty in the rite box!

Zcon or BTL for output, I don't think you have near enough room to do a pair of 15s in that trunk ported.

Im going to do an areo port to save room, I hate having such a small trunk

Look into the N3.

duran how does the n3 do on music, i think someone said that you have one, is it really peaky? And does it get louder then the n2. I was checking them out and alot of people said they cant really play music but some say they do, It would be for daily use so id want it to sound decent and also does it get low at all?

I thought N3's were the most musical of the Neo BTL's ..

Edited by bubblecaprice

duran how does the n3 do on music, i think someone said that you have one, is it really peaky? And does it get louder then the n2. I was checking them out and alot of people said they cant really play music but some say they do, It would be for daily use so id want it to sound decent and also does it get low at all?

The enclosure will play the biggest part, throw them in an ordinary ported enclosure and yes they will peak, but they will peak around tuning where normal woofers do. A 6th order or a horn can really smooth out response, taking resonant cabin frequency into account it can be a very good loudspeaker.

I thought N3's were the most musical of the Neo BTL's ..

Specification wise, they are the least musical, when compared to the N1 and N2.

so if i were to get a n3 duran what would be the best enclosure to have made for it to go into a 05 honda civic? how many cubes, what tuning? What would make an enclosure that much better compared to a prefab box? im very interested in the n3 if i can make it sound good

so if i were to get a n3 duran what would be the best enclosure to have made for it to go into a 05 honda civic? how many cubes, what tuning? What would make an enclosure that much better compared to a prefab box? im very interested in the n3 if i can make it sound good

Like I said, it takes a talented designer to do it, I'm still in the process of doing my 6th order still, they require a lot of fine tuning to get right, it's not for the faint of heart. I may recommend the N2 as it is much easier to design around.

haha i see where your gettin lol jk, but yea im prob gonna get a n2, what would be the best enclosure design for a 15" in a trunk of a civic? im looking for loud and my LOWS!!

I bought a SSA Xcon 18'' for $285 new still in the box off craigslist.

101_0616.jpg

101_0614.jpg

Edited by marq7890

Got a hell of a deal dude!! :drink40::fing34::woot:

Got a hell of a deal dude!! :drink40::fing34::woot:

the only thing is I just found out that it is a d1 and not a d2 like the ad said.

Do you have an amplifier yet?