DavidHarner

does anyone have experience with the e8's

what to know what people think about the e8's. I would like to keep a lower wattage system. I did see a video that someone did a 149db on one of them.

Edited by rcracerguy

Not a huge fan of eDUH. Here answer these questions.

What are your space limitations?

What's your vehicle?

What amp(s) do you plan to use?

Will you be doing all of this yourself?

What equipment do you already have?

What electrical upgrades do you have?

That'll help us help you.

:sleepwerd4:

Welcome to SSA !!!

I did see a video that someone did a 149db on one of them.

Link please ... Id have to see it to believe it, especially for a daily driver vehicle ...

He may be speaking of an SA-8 doing a 149db .. lol

Wouldn't mind seeing this vid too ... :fing34:

can't find the video now. Anyway what anyone recommend? I would like to keep it under 1000rms. Either 1 or 2 speakers. 8" 10"? I have a 02 honda civic. Haven't measured space yet. I have no electric upgrades.

The 8 on a 1000rms is nice. There is a frontier on this forum that has this set up look under build logs! But n that honda 2/12 ported could be real nasty!

Just found it.

says 149.8 on a E8 V.2 and 150.8 on a SA-8 Edited by rcracerguy

SPL scores mean nothing unless you are going to be using the driver for SPL purposes. Buying a driver to use in your "normal" system based on SPL scores is foolish. Don't waste your money. There are literally hundreds of drivers on the market. Pick one that will fit your application and budget.

Link please ... Id have to see it to believe it, especially for a daily driver vehicle ...

Def. not a DD system, but then again they never said it was :P

If you want to keep it low power: Two E8s on a SAX125.2 in a ported box 1.0 cubic foot tuned to 30hz. This would take up miniminal space and sound nice.

I didn't mean to judge it by that video. I'm not out for spl all the time. Just want a daily set up that can really be loud every once in awhile.

Of course they arent released yet, but don't overlook the SD-2 series either, they look pretty promising.

Of course they arent released yet, but don't overlook the SD-2 series either, they look pretty promising.

Yeah I've thought about those. They seem to take alot of abuse. I don't know what box size to use on them. Any ideas

No clue, no one has them to play around with... should be a little shallower for smaller trunks though, and like any sundown sub, it is probably at home ported or sealed

Yeah I've thought about those. They seem to take alot of abuse. I don't know what box size to use on them. Any ideas

I think I remember Jacob saying they will work in the same box size as the SA-10 and SA-12.

Most 10s will fit right at home in an 8s enclosure especially if it's sealed.