Quentin Jarrell

An update on what's going on with our subwoofers

We have been working on a middle line of drivers that will be called the Genisis series for a while now. The will come in 10, 12, and 15 inch sizes. These are xbl drivers and will be assembled in the US with US softparts aside form the spiders which are from an American company but are produced in Mexico with American textiles. All we are waiting on now are the spiders and final testing. We should have a preorder starting within the next month or so for around $175-$200 shipped.

We also have a HIGH BL HIGH output line that is still in the design stage, which if it turn out in the real world as it does on paper will be called the Divine series. We all know the Adire Brahma was one of if not the best high output SQ drives of its time. If the Brahma Extreme was the Brahma's daddy the Divine will be its grand-daddy.

They will be offered in a 12" and 15" version and a 18" version later on if need be. The following are a few projected specs.

motor alone will weigh 96 pounds

44mm thich top plate

11" diameter magnet 2" thich (that's 1/8 inch smaller than the 12" driver cutout)

BL 36.7

xmax @ 70% BL is around 32 mm one way. (BL at 70% is 25.6 which is what most high output drivers have at rest)

3.9 inch coil former with a coil OD of 4.4 inches

motor reaward clearance of 56 mm but will be limited to 44mm frame clearance

two copper shorting ring to keep induction down to 1.385 mH

THIS WILL NOT BE A FART CANNON. IT WILL SOUND GREAT ON MUSIC.

projected RMS rating, don't know yet but we will have videos up trying to break them.

Edited by Audibel Customs

Nice.

Good luck Buddy. As picky as you are, I am sure they will turn out sweet!

Sounds sexy we love pictures;)

Pics will be up for the Genisis shortly. I have all parts in besides the spiders. I expect at least a month before I get the motors for the Divine from China.

Bring on the pics and videos!! :drink40:

pics baby!!! let's go!!!

Here's a few FEA graphs

A cut a way of the motor

motorcutaway.jpg

A pic of the flux field. The flux gap is nearly 3 inches wide

fluxprofile.jpg

A pic of the BL curve. BL is still above 95 percent all the way to 20" one way. This is why xbl topolgy os so energy efficient. This driver should need only 60% of its competition's power to achieve the same output.

divinebl.jpg

Got a little update today on the Divine series of woofers today. (still waiting on spiders for our sq line)

I don't think I stated before but the motor force factor is 376.18 BL^2/Re

For the thermal rating, given it's a big 4" voice coil with aluminum former (big .9mm diameter windings- 19 AWG), and being we are using an aluminum cone we should have 2000W power handling and 10KW burst capability. I know 2000W sounds weak but this is due to the HIGH linear BL across it's stroke.(If this was a typical overhung motor it would need 3400w to achieve the same stroke. This is similar to the low RMS rating on the Brahma back in the day). This is a rating to XMAX NOT THERMAL.

For the 15 you will want a 4 cubic foot enclsoure tuned to 35 hertz for a massive groundpounder( should handle 3,000 watts form 16 hertz on up). For a burp box around 8 cubic feet tuned to 55-60 hertz.(should handle 20KW both mechanically and thermally for a 3-5 second burp.

12" enclsoures will run around 25% smaller in volume.

Any other T/S specs for the Divine?

Any other T/S specs for the Divine?

Sure, motor is set in stone, however suspension compliances might changer ever so slightly as we are still working on a structurely sufficient aluminum cone and adding spacers between the spiders to help rocking due to the high coil and cone mass. But these are a good baseline.

Parameter Value

Fs 36.8 Hz

Qts 0.225

Vas 42.2 Liters

SPLw 91.45 dB @ 1W, 1m

SPLv 94.94 dB @ 2.83Vrms, 1m

Qms 10.82

Qes 0.230

Re 3.58 Ohms

Le 1.385 mH

BL 36.70 N/A

Mms 374.39 grams

Cms 0.050 mm/N

Sd 780.0 cm2

Xmag 28.14 mm linear each direction at 82% peak BL

Xmech 56.00 mm rearward

Vd 4.3902 liters

Z @ 1 kHz 12.3 Ohms

Le Rolloff 411.4 Hz

BL2/Re 376.18

BL/Mms 0.10

Fs/Qts 163.32

EBP 159.9

It's looking like I will have samples in for both the 12 and 15 in 50-60 days

:fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

Got a few more parts in from China today. Still waiting on my American parts to arrive, they might be in next week. Below is a side view of the Genisis 10"

genisis10.jpg

Looking good.

That's a beautiful basket.

Send me one and I'll do product photos, like this :P

Thanks, but Mark is going to take care of that for us.

Thanks, but Mark is going to take care of that for us.

Didn't know, it was worth a shot :P

Does the motor still weigh 90lbs+, and if so, is this the motor for the divine or genisis? Pretty hefty.

I'll probably be doing a smaller scale sq build in a few months, going to keep this in mind!

These sound like they will be pretty sweet! I may have to make some room for these once they are on sale.

The motor for the divine weighs 96 pounds and is 11 inches in diameter. The genisis 12 weighs about 35 pounds total.

Well after 3 months of dealing with the "go to" American soft parts company and recieving samples that borderline laughable. They say they can't offer anything without 18 grand worth of tooling. So I will be getting everything except coils from china. It's looking like towards the end of august I'll have proper prototypes running of both the genisis and divine subs