surfdude10

decision on subs

Hey guys, I am starting to save up some money to put into a system for my car and I am trying to decide on subs. Ive never had a big power setup before but I wanted to take a shot at it. My car is a 2002 hyundai XG350L. I want to do the setup to either have the port going thorugh a skipass or ported through the rear deck. I want to seal the box from the trunk to maximize potential. My original thoughts were to go with 2 12" xcons. But now that I've been starting to shop around im thinking that a single 15 might work better. Im really having a tough time deciding because 12's and a single 15" xcon would both be good setups. I know that there is a major power difference between the two setups and that there is more cone space with 2 12's, I just want to know if a single 15 will play loud and low but still sound good. I am looking for chestpounding bass but good sound quality as well. I know that the xcon has potential to do so, but would 2 12's get as low? may be worded weirdly im half asleep writing this. lemme know what you think and if theres any questions just ask. thanks.

Hey guys, I am starting to save up some money to put into a system for my car and I am trying to decide on subs. Ive never had a big power setup before but I wanted to take a shot at it. My car is a 2002 hyundai XG350L. I want to do the setup to either have the port going thorugh a skipass or ported through the rear deck. I want to seal the box from the trunk to maximize potential. My original thoughts were to go with 2 12" xcons. But now that I've been starting to shop around im thinking that a single 15 might work better. Im really having a tough time deciding because 12's and a single 15" xcon would both be good setups. I know that there is a major power difference between the two setups and that there is more cone space with 2 12's, I just want to know if a single 15 will play loud and low but still sound good. I am looking for chestpounding bass but good sound quality as well. I know that the xcon has potential to do so, but would 2 12's get as low? may be worded weirdly im half asleep writing this. lemme know what you think and if theres any questions just ask. thanks.

Just about any 15" subwoofer will play loud (relatively loud...130's) and low and sound good if installed correctly. Based on my experiences I would run two 12" over a single 15".

I currently have a single 15" XCON. I am switching over to two Sundown Z 12" :morepower1:

If you are absolutley stuck on buying a XCON 15" then hit me up. I will sell you mine dirt cheap.

The difference in cone area between two 12's and a 15 is negligible. You would have more power handling between two Xcons, but you never mentioned what amp you plan on using so I don't know if you'll need it. If you've got stock electrical you won't be able to send that much power to them anyway so a single 15 would be fine. The Xcon is a good choice for what you're looking for from what I can tell.