GAMEOVERCCA

Please identify!!

as far as i no this is a FI BTL 15 with PW and PC upgrade i was told this from original purchaser. but i am going to sell it, and i am getting alot of slack from people saying it might not be a BTL, on the magnet it says "BTL 15 D2 with PW PC" but when i look closely it almost looks like it said "BL 15 D2 with PW PC" and someone wrote over the BL to say BTL, now this is written in sharpie on magnet, im guessing the builder of the sub did this right? here is a pic of sub. please help me with this as i do not want to sell it as a BTL if it is not?!?!

also, it has flatwound coil option, and i looked in cooling holes and there is nothing written on coil, but i can see they are flatwound.

005.jpg

002-1.jpg

Edited by GAMEOVERCCA

Haven't you posted this before and refused to show pictures of any other parts of the sub? Maybe let some people see this writing and the coils etc if you want help identifying it.

Haven't you posted this before and refused to show pictures of any other parts of the sub? Maybe let some people see this writing and the coils etc if you want help identifying it.

didnt refuse to show pics? wtf you talking about lol, and there is clearly a pic showing what im talking about in this post...

exactly..... fi doesn't write any information anywhere on the sub itself except for the voice coil former... look through the vents in the frame at the coil, it will tell you what it is for sure....

exactly..... fi doesn't write any information anywhere on the sub itself except for the voice coil former... look through the vents in the frame at the coil, it will tell you what it is for sure....

there is nothing written on the coil, i looked at all angles through every hole with a flashlight..

They do/did write on the magnets to identify.

It does look like it was a BL, and someone wrote over it to read BTL. You can tell because it's not even the same kind of permanent marker.

didnt refuse to show pics? wtf you talking about lol, and there is clearly a pic showing what im talking about in this post...

pics woulnt do anything, there is nothing on bottom, and its hand written in sharpie and says " BTL15 D2 PW PC"

That's from your other thread Help on which model fi this is the one I was referring to

That second picture wasn't in the thread when I replied. Looks like you edited it in. Anyways it looks like a BL to me. Good luck with the sale

Edited by theluker69

Looks the same as the bl's that I had except for the tinsel leads. Look at my avatar that's a bl

What does the rest look like?

Edited by jj1479

well i dont wanna sell it as a btl if its not... this is confusing me, what is accualy the difference of a BL and a BTL?

They do/did write on the magnets to identify.

It does look like it was a BL, and someone wrote over it to read BTL. You can tell because it's not even the same kind of permanent marker.

yea i agree, looks like BL to me, then someone wrote BTL, can a BL be changed into a BTL? what is the difference between a BL and a BTL?

hmm.... Then hopefully Nick or Scott can chime in and help you with the ID for certain....

no one, including myself, is trying to hammer you or cause you any trouble here either... simply making sure the information is correct and you're quite right about where it looks like someone tried to over write the marker... if i was you i'd be after the person who sold it to me for sure....

BL's had slightly smaller motor's and are rated at 1,000 wrms.... BTL's obviously had larger motors and were rated 2,000wrms....

as far as i no this is a FI BTL 15 with PW and PC upgrade i was told this from original purchaser. but i am going to sell it, and i am getting alot of slack from people saying it might not be a BTL, on the magnet it says "BTL 15 D2 with PW PC" but when i look closely it almost looks like it said "BL 15 D2 with PW PC" and someone wrote over the BL to say BTL, now this is written in sharpie on magnet, im guessing the builder of the sub did this right? here is a pic of sub. please help me with this as i do not want to sell it as a BTL if it is not?!?!

also, it has flatwound coil option, and i looked in cooling holes and there is nothing written on coil, but i can see they are flatwound.

005.jpg

002-1.jpg

How wide is the magnet??

The Gen 1 BTL's came in both double stack and triple stack models, the motor should be 8.7" wide

hmm.... Then hopefully Nick or Scott can chime in and help you with the ID for certain....

no one, including myself, is trying to hammer you or cause you any trouble here either... simply making sure the information is correct and you're quite right about where it looks like someone tried to over write the marker... if i was you i'd be after the person who sold it to me for sure....

BL's had slightly smaller motor's and are rated at 1,000 wrms.... BTL's obviously had larger motors and were rated 2,000wrms....

i dont care much about going after person that sold it to me, i bought it to sell, so my main goal is not to misrepresant what i have for sale.. i need to find out if it is a BL or BTL as far as the upgrades they are correct, it has the chamfer plug for cooling and flatwound coil as well, that i can see for myself. just need to figure this out.. it matches all the pics of older BTLS i see, but then the BL looks almost identical. now if the BL is 1000rms, this sub has been on a saz1500d @ 1ohm for a long time, and i no this amp is putting out a good amount more then 1500x1@1 and this sub plays as if it was brand new.. so now im even more confused..

005.jpg

002-1.jpg

How wide is the magnet??

The Gen 1 BTL's came in both double stack and triple stack models, the motor should be 8.7" wide

seems to be just at 8inchs wide... ?

005.jpg

002-1.jpg

How wide is the magnet??

seems to be just at 8inchs wide... ?

I'm pretty sure you have a BL, I believe the Gen 1 BL had 2 1" thick 7.5" wide slugs

Any more Q's, From what I have found

1st Gen Fi BL- Double Stack 1" slugs with an OD of 7.5"

1st Gen Fi BTL- Double Stack/Triple stock(fully loaded option) 1" slugs with an OD of 8.7"

So with that info is how I came to the conclusion of it being a BL, though if you were to take a picture with a tape measure over the motor I could be more positive

Any more Q's, From what I have found

1st Gen Fi BL- Double Stack 1" slugs with an OD of 7.5"

1st Gen Fi BTL- Double Stack/Triple stock(fully loaded option) 1" slugs with an OD of 8.7"

So with that info is how I came to the conclusion of it being a BL, though if you were to take a picture with a tape measure over the motor I could be more positive

its a BL it has 2 1inch slugs at 7.5in wide... thank you man i really appreciate it.. i have been putting it as a BTL and i need to correct that!.. how to i lock this forsale thread?

:lockd: