Sign in to follow this  
Hotdog69

My Wife's Grocery getter build log

Well my wife decided she wanted some beat in her ride so I just got done with everything and figured I would create a build log for everyone to check out. The goal for this build was to keep the vehicle functional as if it were stock and still be able to use the cargo area to haul stuff.

2008 Chevy Equinox

2008-chevrolet-equinox.jpg

Some images of it Stock

Stock Radio

RadioBefore.jpg

FactoryRadio.jpg

Back of vehicle Stock

BackBefore.jpg

Audio gear and Parts being used

LAN Data Bus Interface GM Onstar GMOS-LAN-01

p120OSLAN01-f.jpg

F3 Street 0 Gauge amp package

0gaugeinstallkit.jpg

Bullz Audio 1/0 wire

BullzAudio.jpg

Antenna adapter

CBsUYnQWkKGrHqMOKpgE0VR2CWGBNIsPUGmw_1.jpg

Assorted Mini Anl Fuses with led's

60ampMINI-ANL-3PCS.jpg

Ground Distribution Block

GDB0248P.jpg

Power Distribution Block with Voltage guage

DGDB0248P.jpg

Rockford Fosgate RFX9300

x575RFX9300-f_dmt.jpg

Rockford Fosgate P500-2

P5002.jpg

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

not actual amp I am using but Picture for refrence.. I am using same style but with gray caps

P4092295.jpg

Two Rockford Fosgate P2D412 subwoofers

p2d412.jpg

More in next post...

The box was designed to be inverted so that my wife can still use the cargo area to haul stuff with out damaging any of the equipment. I wanted to use the entire cargo area but keep the box slim. I used Bass Box Pro 6 to design the box.

Box Details

BoxDesign1.jpg

BoxDesign2.jpg

BoxDesign3.jpg

BoxDesign4.jpg

BoxDesign5.jpg

BoxDesign6.jpg

BoxDesign7.jpg

BoxDesign8.jpg

BoxDesign9.jpg

BoxDesign10.jpg

BoxDesign11.jpg

BoxDesign12.jpg

BoxDesign13.jpg

BoxDesign14.jpg

Now first thing I did was to get my power and ground wires ran from the battery back.

I had to move all the stuff out of the way to get access to the battery.

IMG_8334.jpg

I used a distribution block for the Power wire and used the factory connector for the ground.

IMG_8331.jpg

IMG_8333.jpg

IMG_8329-1.jpg

For your comparison.. The (Bullz Audio wire is the black wire) (f3 Street 0 gauge is the blue wire) (Knukoncepts 1/0 is the red wire)

I got the Blue and Black wire through the factory grommet took a little lube though :).

CableCompare1.jpg

Here is a few picture of the Rockford Fosgate Radio Installed.

IMG_8316.jpg

IMG_8315.jpg

IMG_8317.jpg

I really thought that it looked good in the dash and I am happy with the integration kit that I used to mount the radio.

Got the Rockford Fosgate 8 disc cd changer mounted under the passenger side front seat.

IMG_8335.jpg

IMG_8336.jpg

Back view of the box with the back hatch open.

IMG_8324.jpg

IMG_8323-1.jpg

Couple views of the Box from the inside with the hatch closed.

IMG_8337.jpg

IMG_8339.jpg

Now the amps and fusing mounted onto the box view with seats down.

IMG_8318.jpg

IMG_8319.jpg

Still need to put the chrome covers back on

IMG_8321.jpg

IMG_8320.jpg

And a few views of the subs from under the box.. I used 2x2's around the edges to get enough gap so the subs are not pounding on the floor.

IMG_8325.jpg

IMG_8326.jpg

IMG_8327.jpg

IMG_8328.jpg

I will try and get some video of it all in operation soon.. but my initial thought was that It could probably do a 139-140 on the meter. I was really impressed on how the box sounded in the Equinox, it was a lot more then I was anticipating.

GorillaAudio1stCompScores5-22-2011.jpg

The first run was a 140.0db with the vehicle sealed up and mic on the dash.

After my first run the rain poured down for about 25-30 minutes then it got real hot and humid that's why the scores went down from there I suspect.

Not to bad for two 12's on 500 watt amp, I was using a 40amp fuse to drop me into S1 class still took third place Winner was a 141.5 and second was a 141.4

It turned out great!

:morepower1: to the grocery getter installs!!!

My wife loves it, I dont have any pictures yet but I recently put in a couple old school Power RFR2212 12" sub's and put it on a T1000bd amp. Lot more punch now should be in the 143 range or better.

Nice build. Love the older RF stuff. In for pics of new setup, and vids.

It turned out great!

:morepower1: to the grocery getter installs!!!

Thank You

Nice build. Love the older RF stuff. In for pics of new setup, and vids.

Dont know when I will get it metered again since it is a grocery getter. I might take it to a local unsanctioned event but for the sanctioned events I will take my Mountaineer.

wish my other half would let me install some of the old stuff i have laying around. she thinks her stock system is more than enough but loves cranking my radio up when my sub hits.

nice little install you have going. sure, the box takes up a lot of space but great idea on the down firing to allow said groceries to sit on top. hopefully they don't spill with the beautiful box bumping away

wish my other half would let me install some of the old stuff i have laying around. she thinks her stock system is more than enough but loves cranking my radio up when my sub hits.

nice little install you have going. sure, the box takes up a lot of space but great idea on the down firing to allow said groceries to sit on top. hopefully they don't spill with the beautiful box bumping away

Thats how my wife and I met 21years ago because of my car audio so she has always loved it too. Ill have to remind her not to set the eggs on top :)

Back then I had two Rockford punch 150HD's on two Power 12's and a Rockford Power 300 on 2 set of tweets, A midbass and two midrange in each door and 4x10 in the rear deck of my 78 olds cutlass with leopard skin interior.

Have tried a few times to get the wife to let me give her a little bump, but she ain't going for it. Never been interested.

Looks great, sure your wife loves it!! :fing34:

The best part about or I use to always take my vehicle when we went somewhere. Now have a system in her vehicle it does not matter what we take because I am going to have some beat.