Sign in to follow this  
PeterAllen

Fi q12 in reg cab truck

new to the forum here and looking for some help.

Im looking to get the Q 12". I have a reg cab truck so really limited on space. The max dimensions i want to go are 48L x 14H x 7BD x 4 TD so my max volume is 1.345ft3 MAX. This means i will need to invert mount it between my seats. (ive done this with an alpine type r 10") want to get a 12" tho now.

I am running an alpine MRX-M100 with 4awg power and ground. 130amp alt and stock battery.

Should i make the sealed enclose slanted as stated with the dimensions above? or make a rectangle box 14x48x5 (1.117ft3 before displacement of inverted sub) and have room to mount my amp on the front of the box between the seats? (done this before with no overheating issues)

Also what upgrades should i add/ what are some of them for? i.e the high QTS?

any help or comments are appreciated

High QTS is an upgrade if you want to run a sealed enclosure, Cooling is good if you want to run more than the RMS power rating, Spider option adds another spider to help with "mechanical power handling". -from FI Car Audio website, under "TECH".

Welcome to SSA !!! :drink40:

:popcorn:

I like center console enclosures ... and blow thru enclosures :fing34:

behind the seat enclosures take up too much leg room for me ...

just my suggestions here ...

tired to do a center console but i got 60/40 bench and dont want to cut the center seat out. and the blowthrough doesnt fly with the parents. still under their ruling unfortunately. but im about 6' and have no issues with leg room in my truck so far.

and thanks reelfish ill try and find those before i ask any more about what options to get

tired to do a center console but i got 60/40 bench and dont want to cut the center seat out. and the blowthrough doesnt fly with the parents. still under their ruling unfortunately. but im about 6' and have no issues with leg room in my truck so far.

and thanks reelfish ill try and find those before i ask any more about what options to get

Fi Audio is one of the best handbuilt American subwoofers, if you are really crammed on space,

You could always try and do 2 Sundown SA-8, needs 0.6 - 1 cube ported tuned to 30-40 hz.

Sundown SA-8

Or the Sundown E8v2, needs 0.60 ft^3 tuned to 30 Hz

Sundown E8v2

Sign in to follow this