Sign in to follow this  
Trap1Forty1

3 21dp's in a tahoe

I like your video bro !

Usually I prefer seeing pics of installs, but this video is cooool : congrats

Your system looks loud, for sure !

Nice setup dude. Looks like it is nasty!!! Do your thing man. Always excited to see another IA vehicle that thats loud.

Nice setup dude. Looks like it is nasty!!! Do your thing man. Always excited to see another IA vehicle that thats loud.

Kind of reminiscent of when I would just throw a big ass box in my car eh? LOL!

Good stuff dude. Like most of the other folks, I'm genuinely worried about the 5 70 lb objects sitting at your console area.

To the original poster of this topic, you might not think those batteries will move around, but I believe you should do a little searching around on the Newton's Law of Motion stuff. Just did a quick little calculation to see what a 70 lb battery would feel like if moving 35 mph then suddenly stopped in a distance of 1 ft. That battery would have a force of 2,868 lbs or about 1.43 tons. This is more than enough force to explode the human skull as if someone fired a 50 caliber rifle round into a watermelon. On average, most traffic in town will move at about 45 mph. That same 70 lb battery will now have a force of 4,741 lbs or 2.37 tons if the vehicle came to a complete stop in a distance of 1 ft traveling 45 mph.

All this said, obviously the sub box is of grave concern as well considering it is in the hundreds of pounds with the woofers mounted. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Just saying.