Sign in to follow this  
strictlyhist8

Quote dual sa10's

Aloha Argent Audio. Wanted to see if you've done any box builds for a Toyota tundra crewmax. I'll be removing the whole plastic wall behind the seats and relocating the jack to a different area of the truck. Don't want to lose a whole lot of leg room so I'm thinking of making the box the width of the backwall. If you've done any let me know because my measurements may be a little off but not by much.

Vehicle Make and Model: 2007 Toyota tundra crewmax

Direct of Box/Subs: forward

Sealed or Ported: ported

Number of Subs: 2

Brand and Model of Subs: sundown sa10

Max Dimensions: 48"L x 24"H x top depth 5"in x bottom depth 8"in (max)

Port Color: black

Flush Mount Ring Color (if flush mount is chosen): black

Carpet Color: Black

Zip Code for Shipping Quote: 96793

So I was thinking about 2.5cf tuned to 32-33hz would be the smallest recommended for the two. But if you've done a box build for a crewmax in the past what would be the biggest box I could put back there without losing much leg room? Thanks and sorry for all the questions. Need to start rolling on this project soon.

I have never built a box for this truck. The mounting depth on the SA 10 is 6 inches and at your deepest point you only have 6.5 so I fear towards the top of the box you wont have enough room to mount the subs.

Let me know your thoughts.

Andrew

Ok so the port would be at the bottom of the box facing forward and the subs would be mounted towards the top of the box? I was thinking of having the port on the side of the box on the bottom with the subs mounted towards the bottom. I haven't bought the subs yet, just wanted to see if this could be done. If not then I'll probably just run a single 12 with a close to optimal Size box. Would a single 12 Icon be more realistic in terms of having a good box built to spec? Thanks

Its not the air space. Its the mounting depth of the subs that would be the issue. If you want I can provide a drawing to show what I mean.

Andrew

Hey Andrew

I'm gonna scrap the idea of putting the box behind the seats. I just want a regular box. I'm looking to run a single 12 or 10 depending on what I can get out of the box in cubic size total. So here's what I came up with for measurements:

Width: 18 - 19 in

Depth: 17 in

Height: 14 - 14.5 in

Let me know the outcome on these measurements. Thanks

With this size I think you can fit a 12. Would you like for me to try that first?

Also what sub? Same as before?

Andrew