Sign in to follow this  
SMpaintball78

HCCA box finally done!!!

well i FINALLY got my box today for my Orion HCCA 12.2. i paid $175. its 2.5CF tuned to 38 and all walls including the port walls are double thick with mdf. i wish i had a meter to meter it becuase id really like to know. id say its just as loud if not louder than the 2 15" kicker L7's if anyone has ever heard them in person. here are a few pics to get started!!

orion.jpghcca.jpg

The old box....

lantzhcca2.jpglantzhcca.jpg\

Now for the new.....

newhcca.jpgnewhcca2.jpg

O... and i put some new shoes on my ranger.... what u all think??????

The OLD

etekandtruck001.jpg

The New

truck.jpg

31" tires and 15" rims on stock suspension. no lift or anything. and best of all... NO RUB!!

Edited by Lantz

The wheel/tire combo looks much better now, as does the enclosure. :fing34:

looks good..

who made it?

is it just the pics or is the port really small?

looks good..

who made it?

is it just the pics or is the port really small?

my buddy at Diggers audio in hamilton ohio made the box. and yes, the port is extreamly small. i had my doubt at first but i hooked it up and WOW. he is good.

good looking box! Personally I love my orion 15 no doubt your loving that 12. Would you ever add a second orion?

Looks much better...

Port does look to be on the small side for that box/woofer

good looking box! Personally I love my orion 15 no doubt your loving that 12. Would you ever add a second orion?

if i had the money to buy another amp,box,sub,alternator yes lol

Looks much better...

Port does look to be on the small side for that box/woofer

thats what i though at first sight. then i hooked it up and it slammsssss. im starting to build a amp rack for my mtx 1501d elite as we speak.(type haha)

Glad to see it turned out well. It should look really nice once you get the amp rack in and clean up those wires :P

Glad to see it turned out well. It should look really nice once you get the amp rack in and clean up those wires :P

o it will haha. I CANT STAND A MESSY SET-UP!! :trippy:

I like the offroad look of rangers. Looks nice. I had a 10" hcca (my first big sub) haha i loved it. Bigger port will probably be louder? Maybe...

HCCA's are great woofers, port looks about right, maybe on the smaller side, but in someway there is always a sacrifice for port/box size issues.

HCCA's are great woofers, port looks about right, maybe on the smaller side, but in someway there is always a sacrifice for port/box size issues.

Yea but arn't too efficient XD

I like the offroad look of rangers. Looks nice. I had a 10" hcca (my first big sub) haha i loved it. Bigger port will probably be louder? Maybe...

idk. it gets plentyy loud lol. i was at a HUGE party saturday night, and some kid with 2 12" rockford p3's was telling how much louder he is than me because i only have 1 12 and he has 2.... so i HAD to do a demo ;) needless to say, he shut his mouth after that lol

Edited by Lantz

Yea but arn't too efficient XD

o ya. by NO means are these efficient. i find that thats there only down fall in my book lol. but once i get my alternator, it should be fine.