austinm

need the right re cone kit!!

What to see if I can put a fi re cone in a RE se.x 15 d4. If so what one??? Thanks guys

is it an se or sx?

Hahahahahahaha I was looking at that las night n didn't catch that thanks. Ya ya ya Ik what ur thinkin danm newbies. Appreciate it tho

Hey everyone .I heard that fi has a recone kit that they say you can turn any sub in to a fi sub.and I have a pair of bob's first VFL'S extremes.and I was wondering if the fi recone kit will work with them ? I want them to handle 4000 watts per sub ..I'm getting 4 new powerbass 5000D's two per sub .I'm just looking to hit 150 db's or a little better on the new Mic's. I use to compete years ago been to the world finals in 02 with my brother Byron.

Hey everyone .I heard that fi has a recone kit that they say you can turn any sub in to a fi sub.and I have a pair of bob's first VFL'S extremes.and I was wondering if the fi recone kit will work with them ? I want them to handle 4000 watts per sub ..I'm getting 4 new powerbass 5000D's two per sub .I'm just looking to hit 150 db's or a little better on the new Mic's. I use to compete years ago been to the world finals in 02 with my brother Byron.

No, as discussed in your own thread you cannot make any sub into a Fi sub, they do not have foreign parts, as they are completely American made. If you are able to recone them, you have NO idea how they would perform.

I already told you via email (i think) that there's not a snowballs chance in hell that that woofer would handle 4kw to begin with..

Aside from that it's a crap shoot if we can or can not recone those woofers anyhow as the top plate geometry is totally random..like very few are the same.

Ok one never got an email from you .but thanks anyway .I found a company that can recone them

I already told you via email (i think) that there's not a snowballs chance in hell that that woofer would handle 4kw to begin with..

Aside from that it's a crap shoot if we can or can not recone those woofers anyhow as the top plate geometry is totally random..like very few are the same.

Sounds like great build quality, and great quality control!

Yeah it was until 12k lol .bob built them in Ohio for me the way I need them .if I learn how to put pic's up thru my phone I can show you how it looks.what they are doing to there subs bob did it 8 years ago .I was still hitting 148's on my epic 160 with a blown coil and the epic is .2 db off the Mic's from a year ago .

No, as discussed in your own thread you cannot make any sub into a Fi sub, they do not have foreign parts, as they are completely American made. If you are able to recone them, you have NO idea how they would perform.

If I'm not mistaken, the VFL's are made by Atomic(forgot the buildhouse name.), which use to be assembled here.

If I got models right, a VFL use to be similar to a Atomic APXX(2.5in coil) but VFL had a 3inch. From what I remember they didn't hardly like anything over 2kw. They would handle 4kw for a burp I'd assume but not daily, regardless the softparts. But hell this has been years ago, so no telling if I'm talking about the same sub or not. Unless pics are posted.

Yeah it was until 12k lol .bob built them in Ohio for me the way I need them .if I learn how to put pic's up thru my phone I can show you how it looks.what they are doing to there subs bob did it 8 years ago .I was still hitting 148's on my epic 160 with a blown coil and the epic is .2 db off the Mic's from a year ago .

148s on a Epic 160 and its .2 dB off from a new Termlab? I never thought they was that close, one reason usually Epics are mounted in the middle of your dash, and unless measured from the exact place as the Epic in your install, you have no idea how close you really was.

Likes me going to the dragstrip running my F-250, and I get a 14.5. Then a guy in a Camaro runs the same time, and has dynoed 300hp. And then me thinking my truck has to be around that HP cause I ran the same time as he did.

But a solution for your recone problem, my buddy bought some VFL's from a guy who had em Reconed by Sundown, so u might could try them? Just a suggestion. I know two 12s couldn't handle a Sundown 3500d, cause that's what he had.