Sign in to follow this  
jcshort

looking to get 2 zcon18s

i want to get 2 zcon 18 to put in my expedition would like to know box specs and port size. also anyone who runs ssa subs how do you like them compared to the other brands of subs out there. i ve been out of car audio for a while and dont want a cookie cutter system every shop here has all the big names kicker. orion rockford memphis and all are good but i want different.

Welcome .... :drink40:

Read through the Tech Section under the SSA Banner and all info should be there.

I have a DCON 10" and in a ported enclosure it has great output and excellent sq imo. SSA sub woofers are SQ first but they broke the mold with the new ZCON!

Welcome .... :drink40:

Read through the Tech Section under the SSA Banner and all info should be there.

I have a DCON 10" and in a ported enclosure it has great output and excellent sq imo. SSA sub woofers are SQ first but they broke the mold with the new ZCON!

ok cool thanks bro

As a proud owner of two zcons I would have to say best buy for my audio addiction. The amount of output they have while keeping the sound quality Ssa is known for

I have not finished the specific box specs for the Zcon's yet. Once I do, we will get our designer on them and have designs posted up just like our other drivers have.

As a proud owner of two zcons I would have to say best buy for my audio addiction. The amount of output they have while keeping the sound quality Ssa is known for

thats great to here what size zcons do you have if ya dont mind me askin

I have not finished the specific box specs for the Zcon's yet. Once I do, we will get our designer on them and have designs posted up just like our other drivers have.

sweet sounds good and i most say from seeing the vids there an awsome sub nice work ssa guys :fing34:

These are the unofficial specs for the Zcon enclosures. I was not happy with what I was seeing with my initial specs on the 18, so I am still messing around with it some. Also, the optimal specs are not a must, people are so hung up on building the optimal specs and those who are limited space wise are scared off. The optimal box sizing is more for greater efficiency and slightly flatter response, IF YOU HAVE THE SPACE. If not, the standard designs still give awesome performance. For example, the Zcon 12 in a 2.0 @ 27hz box I have, is just bonkers. So people don't need to absolutely go up to 3 cubes, as 2 can be plenty. Box sizing speaker to speaker, the Zcon leans a little smaller then the Xcon, as they are quite different subs. There will be no sealed enclosure specs for the Zcon.

Zcon 12:

Ported: 1.75-2.5ft^3 @ 29-34hz

Ported: 2.5-3.25ft^3 @ 29-34hz optimal

Zcon 15:

Ported: 2.75-3.25ft^3 @ 29-34hz

Ported: 4.0-5.0ft^3 @ 29-34hz optimal

Zcon 18:

Ported: 5.75-7.0ft^3 @ 29-34hz

Ported: 7.0-8.0ft^3 @ 29-34hz optimal

The Zcons are the best sounding balls out loud subs I have ever herd. On another level, IMO.

Others may disagree and no I have not herd all of them, , but I would have to hear it for myself to believe it.

:morepower1:

These are the unofficial specs for the Zcon enclosures. I was not happy with what I was seeing with my initial specs on the 18, so I am still messing around with it some. Also, the optimal specs are not a must, people are so hung up on building the optimal specs and those who are limited space wise are scared off. The optimal box sizing is more for greater efficiency and slightly flatter response, IF YOU HAVE THE SPACE. If not, the standard designs still give awesome performance. For example, the Zcon 12 in a 2.0 @ 27hz box I have, is just bonkers. So people don't need to absolutely go up to 3 cubes, as 2 can be plenty. Box sizing speaker to speaker, the Zcon leans a little smaller then the Xcon, as they are quite different subs. There will be no sealed enclosure specs for the Zcon.

Zcon 12:

Zcon 15:

Zcon 18:

sounds good how much port area will they need and how long will it need to be

Zcon 12:

Zcon 15:

Zcon 18:

sounds good how much port area will they need and how long will it need to be

We will have full 3D box designs posted up soon.

cool lookin forward to it the subs are the last on my long list to get lol

The Zcon product page just got a fresh overhaul.

cool ill be checking it out asap :dancing:

whats the max rms you guys rec for each driver i plain one runnin sundown sax 2500ds on each one can the hold more if needed :morepower1:

We do not rate MAX wattage. That amp is fine, just sent the gains properly and listen to make sure you are not over driving the sub woofer or over heating the coils.

We do not rate MAX wattage. That amp is fine, just sent the gains properly and listen to make sure you are not over driving the sub woofer or over heating the coils.

thats cool i understand what ur saying im an old school car audio guy been doing this for over 15 years now just been out of the loop for the last 3 :fing34:

:)

x2 great job :woot:

Mark found a new table system, and I think it looks much more professional, so we ran through it last night to get it knocked out. Dcon 15 enclosure specs were hammered out last night too.

cool :morepower1:

The table looks good. I think it makes the store look professional. Very nice