MattB

Home audio center ch. questions

I am wanting to 'build' a center channel for my h/a system. I have a pair of CDT CL-5's 4ohm to use. I am thinking, wiring them to 8ohm and build a small cabinet for them. My question is on the crossover. Is there a xover kit, or a decent xover out there to buy, that I can mount inside the small cabinet, that can handle the 110w my Pioneer VSX puts out? Dont really know what my budget would be, but I surely dont wanna spend too much, or I'd just buy a speaker on ebay or something. I have looked at parts express, and see some 2-ways...I guess I could just use the high pass side of one of those? Or, could it be as simple as just getting some 'bass-blockers' for the cdt's and go with that?

No real kit, have to design one for not only the speakers but the room. Plus those CDT's are not shielded which may be okay depending on your tv.

ah...true, forgot about that shielded deal. probably just be simple-er to buy a speaker. Thanks for the input.

Or if it is you wanting to build one, pick a "kit" from a reputable home audio source and assemble it including the crossover. It won't be the best perhaps, but still most likely better than what you would buy premanufactured.